Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens
Dollar Dogs and Drafts are back for the 2010-11 season. Every Penguins Friday night home game will feature dollar dogs (while supplies last) and select draft beers for just $1.00 from 6:00pm-7:30pm.
The first Dollar Dogs and Drafts night takes place this Friday, October 22 when the Penguins take on the Hershey Bears at 7:05pm.
Get your tickets now at the Pennstar Box Office at Mohegan Sun Arena, online at ticketmaster.com, and by phone at 800-745-3000.
GREAT START TO THE SEASON!
Four games, four wins! The Penguins are off to their best start to the season since the 2005-06 campaign, when they won their first nine contests, and didn't drop a regulation game until early December.
The Pens posted back-to-back home wins against division rivals from Hershey and Adirondack, before venturing south to take a pair from the Charlotte Checkers - including a thrilling, come-from-behind 4-3 win on Sunday afternoon.
Don't miss out on all of the excitement. Penguins mini-plans, including 10-Game Flex Packages, are on sale now.
Info on Flex Books, 12-Game and 22-Game plans is available here, or contact a Penguins Account Representative at 570-208-7367 for more information.
PUMPKIN PUCKS AVAILABLE THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
It will be all treats and no tricks this weekend, when the we hold our Pumpkin Puck sale, to benefit the Penguins / United Way Charity Fund.
Penguins players will be signing special orange Halloween-themed pucks, which will then be individually wrapped and made available at home games on October 22 and 23. Fans won't know whose puck they are getting until they unwrap their goodies.
There are also some extra 'treats' available for our fans. If your puck is signed in silver, you'll also win a game-used stick, autographed by the player on your puck.
Pucks will be available behind Section 108 for just $10 apiece. Get yours before they disappear!
PENGUINS REPORT RADIO SHOW
The Penguins Report Radio Show is back live this week at Lucky's Sporthouse. Join host Tom Grace, along with scheduled guests Alain Nasreddine and Brett Sterling, as they discuss the Penguins great start to the season (guests are subject to change).
Be sure to call ahead to Lucky's to reserve your spot for the best seats in the house. A full list of rules and regulations for the radio show is available here.
Can't make it to the show? Don't worry. You can tune in to the Penguins Report, as well as every Penguins regular season game, on 102.3, the Mountain.
WANT TO GO TO THE WINTER CLASSIC?
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals will meet in the 2011 Bridgestone Winter Classic on January 1, and YOU could be there!
We'll be giving away two tickets to the event, being held at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, at every Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home game during October and November.
To be eligible to win, simply grab a registration form on your way into each home game in October and November, and deposit it into the drawing boxes located behind sections 101 and 108. We'll pick one lucky winner live on camera during the third period of each game through November 27.
Tickets for all Penguins home games are on sale now, and available by calling 800-745-3000, visiting the Pennstar Box Office at the Mohegan Sun Arena, or by logging on to www.ticketmaster.com.
JOIN THE PENGUINS PPL GREEN TEAM
The Penguins and PPL Electric are encouraging all fans to join the Green Team.
The Pens and PPL have teamed up to give you money-saving tips, which will also benefit the environment.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Recall Macoy Erkamps from Wheeling
- Weekly: Penguins Rolling with First Win Streak of Season
- Penguins Recall Brandon Hawkins
- Penguins Beat Bridgeport in Shootout, 3-2
- Penguins Come Back to Stay Undefeated against Devils