Wolves Weekly Notes
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
The Wolves have surrendered just five goals in their last three contests after allowing six goals in their season opener; Chicago has posted a 40-2-0-1 record when allowing two or fewer goals, dating back to last season, which includes a 3-0-0-0 mark this year.
--- EDWARD PASQUALE: Turned aside 55 of 59 shots while backstopping the Wolves to a pair of wins this weekend ... Notched victories in each of his first three professional starts and has amassed a 1.59 goals-against average and .943 save percentage in those contests ... Registered a 27-17-5 record with a 3.17 goals-against average and ranked fourth in the OHL with a .916 save percentage in 51 games with the Saginaw Spirit last year ... Selected by the Atlanta Thrashers with their fourth choice (117th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft
--- SPENCER MACHACEK: Dished out two assists in two games this week ... Shares the team lead with three assists and four points and paces the team with a +3 plus/minus rating in four games this season ... Shared fourth on the Wolves with 20 goals, third with a career-high 29 assists and ranked sixth with career-best 49 points in 79 games during his second professional season last year
--- JAMIE SIFERS: Potted the game-winning overtime marker on Friday - his first game-winning tally in 263 career AHL contests ... Paces team blueliners with two points (G, A) and a +2 plus/minus rating in four games this season ... Registered eight points (3G, 5A) and 58 penalty minutes in 54 AHL contests with the Houston Aeros last season ... Also skated in 14 NHL games with the Minnesota Wild, accruing six penalty minutes
--- JASON KROG: Collected two assists in two games this week ... Shares first on the team with three assists and third with three points in four games this season ... Ranked first on the Wolves and second in the American Hockey League with 61 assists and paced the team and ranked seventh in the league with 75 points in 78 games last season
--- DARREN HAYDAR: Shares the team lead with three assists and four points in four games this season ... Tallied at least one point in 98 of his 128 career games with the Wolves ... Notched 64 points (23G, 41A) in 66 contests with the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) last season
--- Chicago rallied back to win both of its games this weekend after entering the third period with a deficit; the Wolves have posted a 9-20-0-5 mark in games they have trailed after the second period, dating back to last year, which includes a 2-0-0-0 mark this season.
--- Chicago has thwarted 14 of its opponents 16 power-play attempts this season, which includes killing off two five-on-three chances; the Wolves ranked seventh in the league with an 85.1 efficiency rating on the penalty kill (263 of 309) last season, which was the fourth highest rate in franchise history.
--- Defenseman ANDREY ZUBAREV posted his first AHL point when he assisted on MIKE SIKLENKA's game-tying goal on Saturday: the 23-year-old defenseman set career highs with seven goals and 16 points in 55 outings with Atlant Moscow Oblast (KHL) last season.
--- The Wolves have scored a power-play strike in three of their first four outings this season (four of 18); Chicago scored a franchise low 56 man-advantage markers and ranked 16th in the AHL with a 17.3 efficiency rating on the power-play (56 of 324) last season.
--- Chicago played past regulation in each of its last two contests (1-1-0); the Wolves played past regulation 14 times (2-11-1) last year and have earned the extra point in nine of their last 16 games played beyond regulation, dating back to last season.
SCHOOL SUPPLY AND DEMAND
--- The Wolves will be collecting new school supplies for the Sue Duncan Children's Center at games on Wednesday, October 20, and Sunday, October 24. Each person who donates an item will be entered into a raffle to win a $50 merchandise credit. For more information, visit chicagowolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
WOLVES REWIND (2-0-0-0)
Sat., Oct. 16
(at) Chicago 3, Milwaukee 2 (SO)
--- The Wolves scored three times in the shootout to collect their third straight win, a 3-2 defeat of the Milwaukee Admirals, before a crowd of 10,924 in their home opener at the Allstate Arena
--- Center JARED ROSS and defenseman MIKE SIKLENKA scored in regulation while forwards ANDREW KOZEK, AKIM ALIU and SPENCER MACHACEK tallied in the shootout
--- Goaltender EDWARD PASQUALE posted 28 saves in regulation and overtime and thwarted three of four shootout attempts
Fri., Oct. 15
Chicago 3, (at) Milwaukee 2 (OT)
--- Wolves defenseman JAMIE SIFERS scored with 51 seconds remaining in overtime to give the Wolves a 3-2 win over the Milwaukee Admirals at the Bradley Center
--- Forwards ANDRE DEVEAUX and PATRICK RISSMILLER also lit the lamp for Chicago
--- Goaltender EDWARD PASQUALE stopped 27 of 29 shots
Wed., Oct. 20*
vs. Abbotsford Heat
Sat., Oct. 23*
at Rockford IceHogs
Sun., Oct. 24*
vs. Milwaukee Admirals#
*Comcast Network 100
GAMES WILL BE TELECAST LIVE ON MY50 CHICAGO OR ON COMCAST NETWORK 100 ON XFINITY TV FROM COMCAST
Log on to chicagowolves.com for broadcast schedule, or to watch or listen to the action live online
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.