Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend
The HERSHEY BEARS Hockey Club split a pair of games last week, walloping the Binghamton Senators 7-1 at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena Friday and falling to Rochester Saturday 3-2 at Giant Center. Goaltender Braden Holtby won his second straight game in Binghamton Friday. The Amerks spoiled HERSHEY'S 2010-11 home opener and Calder Cup banner raising by rallying from one goal down to win on Saturday.
Three games in three days await the Chocolate and White starting Friday night in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton against the Penguins. Faceoff Friday is at 7:05 p.m. in the second meeting of 10 this season between the I-81 rivals. The Adirondack Phantoms play at Giant Center this Saturday and Sunday for a pair of games. Saturday's faceoff is 7:00 p.m., and Sunday's showdown is slated for 5:00 p.m. Tickets are available at the GIANT Center box office or by calling (717) 534- 3911.
Turn back the clock night: At 32 years of age, Brian Willsie picked up four points Friday in a 7-1 win at Binghamton. Willsie, who scored 19 goals for HERSHEY back in 1998-99, has returned to Chocolatetown this season for the first time since 2002-03. A native of Belmont, Ontario, Willsie is third on the team in scoring as the new week begins.
Souray makes his debut: Defenseman Sheldon Souray made his HERSHEY debut on Friday night in Binghamton, picking up an assist in a 7-1 victory. Souray was acquired on loan prior to the regular season opener on loan from the Edmonton Oilers.
Gordon gets it going: Right wing Andrew Gordon carries a three-game goal streak into Friday's game at Wilkes- Barre/Scranton. Gordon's streak began with a game-winning goal last Sunday at Rochester, which was followed by a three-point night in Binghamton against the Senators.
Practice schedule: HERSHEY will skate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 10:00 a.m. at Giant Center for practice this week.
Bouchard bringing it: Right wing Francois Bouchard was named the game's number one star Friday in Binghamton, scoring a pair of goal to pace the offense.
Upcoming promotions: Saturday, October 23 is Labatt Blue and Labatt Blue Light poster schedule night when the BEARS take on the Adirondack Phantoms. A free BEARS poster schedule to the first 4,000 fans in attendance. Sunday, October 24 is MTM Recognition Replica Calder Cup ring keychain night, with the first 7,000 fans receiving a free Calder Cup ring keychain as they come through the gates.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Announce Roster for 2021 Training Camp
- Hershey Bears Announce Schedule for 2020-21 Season
- Bears Ink Defenders O'Gara and Willcox to Professional Tryouts
- Bruce Boudreau Brings USPHL Junior Hockey Team to Hershey
- Hershey Bears to Host GIANT Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss Saturday, January 23