Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four
ABBOTSFORD BC - After a weekend that saw the Abbotsford Heat open at home with a loss followed by a shootout loss, the Heat will now hit the road for three games this week in the Mid-West, taking on the Chicago Wolves (Wednesday), the Rockford Ice Hogs (Friday), and the Milwaukee Admirals (Saturday).
Last season, the Heat was 2-2 against the Wolves, who they will face for the first time this season. Abbotsford has played Rockford and Milwaukee recently and will look to avenge their losses to both clubs. In fact, so far this season the Heat (2-2-0-1) have had their losses occur against the Ice Hogs (0-1-0-1) and the Admirals (0-1).
HEAT HOT SHOT OF THE WEEK
Keith Seabrook - Delta BC's Seabrook broke out of an early season drought with a goal and an assist in a span of 30 seconds in this past Saturday's 4-3 shootout loss to the Ice Hogs. Seabrook's point blast midway thru the second period was tipped home deftly by Heat forward Matt Keith to give the Heat a 2-1 lead. Moment later on a Heat power play, Heat rookie Mitch Wahl teed up a puck that Seabrook ripped past Hogs goalie Alec Richards.
Seabrook, 22, leads the Heat with a +3 rating thus far on the season. Last year, Seabrook led all Heat defenders with 10 goals.
Rookie Carter Bancks from Marysville BC remains the team leader in both assists (5) and points with six. Aldergrove BC's Matt Keith leads the team in goals with three, while Cam Cunning from Powell River BC and Greg Nemisz has potted a pair of goals apiece. JD Watt has 26 penalty minutes thru the first five games of the season, with Watt having played the past three of those games.
Thrown to the Wolves
The Atlanta Thrashers affiliate, the Chicago Wolves, will be the Heat's opponent on Wednesday night in the Windy City. Last year, Abbotsford was 1-1 in Chicago. Veteran defenseman Chris Chelios played for this club last year, but has now retired and taken on a role of Team Ambassador with the Detroit Red Wings.
This season, the Wolves have players with BC ties on their roster:
Jason Krog - Fernie BC. Krog is a perennial scoring threat in the AHL. This one time Canucks prospect enters his 5th full AHL season. In his four previous years in the American Hockey League, Krog has scored no less than 75 points. This past year, Krog scored 26 goals and added 54 assists for 80 points.
Andrew Kozek - Sicamous BC. Kozek begins his second season in the AHL after posting 12 goals and 22 points last year.
Spencer Machacek. While Machacek is a Lethbridge product, his ties to junior hockey in Vancouver are what land him on this list. Machacek captained the 2008 Vancouver Giants and was a member of the 2007 Memorial Cup Winning team that also had Heat forward JD Watt on the team.
Broadcast schedule (all times Pacific):
Wednesday, October 20 - Heat @ Wolves. 4:45 PM Pre game show. 5 PM puck drop.
Friday, October 22 - Heat @ Ice Hogs. 4:50 PM Pre game show. 5:05 PM puck drop.
Saturday, October 23 - Heat @ Admirals. 4:45 PM Pre game show. 5 PM puck drop.
You can hear all Heat games home and away on Country 107.1 FM. Dave Sheldon will have the call of the game. For road games, the Prospect Equipment and Diamond Bar Equipment Pre Game Show starts 15 minutes prior to faceoff. For home games, it is 30 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.