Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week
The American Hockey League announced today that Peoria Rivermen right wing Graham Mink has been named the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Oct. 17, 2010. Mink tallied two goals and seven assists for nine points to go with a plus-5 rating in four games.
Mink notched a pair of assists on Tuesday to help Peoria to a 6-2 win over Rockford, then began a three-game weekend road swing through Texas with a goal and three assists in the Rivermen's 6-2 win at San Antonio on Friday night. Mink scored the game-winning goal and added another helper on Saturday as Peoria edged Houston, 3-2, and then capped the week with an assist in a come-from-behind 5-2 victory over Texas in Cedar Park.
In recognition of his achievement, Mink will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Rivermen home game.
Mink is off to a torrid start to his 10th AHL season, leading the league with eight assists and 12 points in six games for Peoria. A six-time 20-goal scorer, a two-time Calder Cup champion and an AHL All-Star team captain in 2010, Mink has totaled 207 goals and 206 assists for 413 points in 574 career AHL games with Peoria, Rochester, Hershey, Worcester and Portland. The native of Stowe, Vt., was acquired by the St. Louis Blues in a trade from Florida on Aug. 3, 2010.
Other nominees for Reebok/AHL Player of the Week include Adirondack left wing Eric Wellwood, Albany right wing Vladimir Zharkov, Charlotte right wing Jerome Samson, Chicago goaltender Edward Pasquale, Grand Rapids goaltender Joey MacDonald, Hartford goaltender Cameron Talbot, Hershey right wing Brian Willsie, Lake Erie right wing Matthew Ford, Manchester right wing Brandon Kozun, Manitoba goaltender Eddie Lack, Milwaukee center Linus Klasen, Norfolk center Paul Szczechura, Oklahoma City center Brad Moran, Portland right wing Mark Mancari, Rochester right wing Michal Repik, Rockford goaltender Alec Richards, Syracuse goaltender Timo Pielmeier, Texas left wing Scott McCulloch and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton left wing Tim Wallace.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.