Pirates Seek to Rebound from First Setback
The Pirates end a tough stretch of four games in five days tomorrow (Tuesday) at the Cumberland County Civic Center as the Manchester Monarchs (Los Angeles Kings) come to town for a 6:30 p.m. contest.
Come to the game right after work or bring the kids after school and enjoy great food and beverage specials in the Civic Center's Penalty Box Grill, which will open at 4:30 p.m., as well as at the following Pirates partners: Rivalries, Siano's, Gritty's, Nosh Kitchen Bar, Binga's Stadium, Dogfish Café, Walters and Yosaku. Tickets for the game, as well as each of the remaining Pirates home games, are on sale now by calling 207-775-3458, visiting the Cumberland County Civic Center Box Office.
Advance ticket prices are $13 for Quarter Deck, $16 for Main Deck and $17 for Premium Main Deck. Student/Senior pricing is $11 for Quarter or Main Deck tickets and $12 for Premium Main Deck seating. Purchase your tickets in advance and save on the $2 increase on all ticket prices for day of game purchases.
Discount tickets and ticket packages can also be purchased by calling 207-828-4665 ext. 350.
Breast Cancer Awareness Night
This Saturday (October 23rd) the Portland Pirates will host their third annual Breast Cancer Awareness Night, presented by Maine Medical Center. Proceeds from ticket sales through the Pirates office will benefit the American Cancer Society of Maine's "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" walk.
To honor all who have been affected by breast cancer, the Pirates will wear one of a kind commemorative pink jerseys during the game. The Pirates will also acknowledge those battling breast cancer, survivors, caregivers and Making Strides participants both on ice and on the center ice videoboard with special tributes.
Tickets for this special event are just $15.00 each, with $5.00 from every ticket sold donated to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, when you purchase your tickets on-line or by calling (207) 828-4665 ext 317.
Join the Pirates Mobile Club
Text "Pirates" to 46786 to join the Pirates Mobile Club and get exclusive Club Member only offers throughout the course of the season.
Join today and start receiving these great member only offers, delivered conveniently into your hand held device.
The Pirates have shown a powerful balance of potent scoring, along with a rapidly maturing defense, and typical stingy goaltending to get off to one of the best starts in franchise history.
On Friday, a late second period surge, highlighted by goals from Mark Mancari (19:44 mark) and Dennis McCauley (19:57) helped the Pirates race break open a 1-1 game on their way to a 3-1 victory against Bridgeport.
Mancari continued his torrid start to the season with two goals and an assist in a 4-2 win over the Springfield Falcons on Saturday. The performance extended Mancari's goal- and point-scoring streaks to four games. Luke Adam was also front and center in the game, scoring once and registering three assists in a fourth straight victory, the best winning start in Pirates franchise history.
The Sound Tigers ended the Pirates quick start knocking off the Pirates 4-1 in Bridgeport on Sunday afternoon. Adam scored the lone Pirates goal.
October 15th vs. Bridgeport, 3-1 W (game summary)
October 16th vs. Springfield, 4-2 W (game summary)
October 17th @ Bridgeport, 1-4 L (game summary)
October 19th vs. Manchester, 6:30 p.m. (GET TICKETS)
October 22nd @ Springfield, 7:30 p.m. (LISTEN LIVE)
October 23rd vs. Bridgeport, 7 p.m. (GET TICKETS)
Wescott's Evening with the Pirates
World Champion Snowboarder Seth Wescott signed autographs pre-game and during the first intermission on Friday when the Pirates faced off against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. Wescott's appearance was courtesy of the Maine Chevy Dealers.
The Maine native also took a moment to present Luke Adam with his Reebok/AHL Player-of-the-Week Award in a pre-game ceremony.
Celebrate Your Birthday with the Pirates & Ricetta's
Are you looking for a fun and exciting way to celebrate a birthday? Come party at a game with Crackers, Salty Pete and Pirates action!
The Pirates and Ricetta's offer two Birthday Party Packages starting as low as $195.
The Crackers MVP Party features a pre-game party for 15 in a private room one hour prior to the game plus gifts for the birthday boy or girl, party favors for each youth guest, food and beverages courtesy of Ricetta's, a visit and photo opportunity with one of our mascots, Crackers or Salty Pete, a personalized birthday cake and much more!
Salty Pete's "In Your Seats" Birthday Package includes gifts for the birthday boy or girl, party favors for each youth guest, a visit and photo opportunity with one of our mascots, Crackers or Salty Pete, Public Address and Message Board recognition, and much more.
Space is limited and based on first-come first-served. For more information about scheduling a birthday celebration contact the Pirates at (207) 828-4665, ext. 350.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.