Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins, entering their 19th season in the American Hockey League, today announced that the National Hockey League's Boston Bruins have reassigned goaltender Matt Dalton from Providence to the Reading Royals of the ECHL. In a related move, Boston has also reassigned goalie Adam Courchaine from Reading to the ECHL's Alaska Aces.
Dalton, 24, saw his only action of the year in Providence's opening night contest with the Springfield Falcons. The second-year pro worked the first two periods of the game, stopping 12 of 16 shots in a 5-1 P-Bruins loss. He leaves Providence with a 6.00 goals-against-average and .750 save percentage.
Reading will be familiar territory for the goaltender after backstopping the Royals to the American Conference Finals as a rookie in 2009-10. Dalton was named Reading's Most Valuable Player, Rookie of the Year and Fan's Choice after finishing the regular season with a 22-20-4 record, one shutout, a 3.47 GAA and .906 save percentage in 46 outings. He added a 10-6 mark in the postseason, along with a 3.02 GAA and .914 save percentage. Dalton also went 0-4-1 with a 3.26 GAA and .904 save percentage in six games for Providence as a first-year pro following two seasons with the Bemidji State University Beavers. The Clinton, Ontario, native was signed by Boston to an entry-level contract on April 22, 2009.
Courchaine, 21, moves from Reading to Alaska after appearing in one game for the Royals, a 6-4 loss to the Trenton Devils on October 17. The first-year net-minder got the start and surrendered four goals on nine shots in just 12:47 of work. He leaves Pennsylvania with an 18.77 GAA and .556 save percentage. Courchaine split the 2009-10 campaign between the Erie Ottersand Sarnia Sting of the Ontario Hockey League, going 20-24-1 with a 3.24 GAA and .906 save percentage in 48 games. The Kanata, Ontario, native also went 0-2 in the postseason with a 4.50 GAA and .886 save percentage. Courchaine was signed to an entry-level contract by Boston on September 30, 2007.
The P-Bruins' roster is now comprised of 23 players, including 14 forwards, seven defensemen and two goaltenders.
Providence gets back into action next weekend on the road on Saturday, October 23 at 7 p.m. against the Worcester Sharks. The P-Bruins return home to the Dunkin' Donuts Center on Friday, October 29 for Pink in the Rink Night against the Albany Devils at 7:05 p.m.
P-Bruins ticket packages and individual game tickets are on sale now for the 2010-11 season. To purchase tickets or for more information, call the P-Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 18, 2010
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Boston Bruins Shuffle Goalie Prospects - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Try To Gain Ground In The North Division With Four Games This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks, Mark's Pizzeria Announce Family Value Nights - Rochester Americans
- New Jersey Swaps Defensemen with Albany - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Weekly Report - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Announce 2010-11 Promotional Schedule - Albany Devils
- Dynamic Duo - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rockford Takes Two of Three in Week Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Oklahoma City Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Peoria's Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Graham Mink Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Hot Sheet - Edition Four - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Launch School Supply Drive - Chicago Wolves
- Bulldogs Assign Sebastien Bisaillon and David Urquhart to Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Get Set for Home Opener on Saturday Against Bruins - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Drop a Pair to Chicago Last Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Drop Two in Week 2 - Manitoba Moose
- Dollar Days, Pumpkin Pucks and More from the Pens - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Return Home After Bagging Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Assign Leddy to Rockford, Hog Talk at Swilligans Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Host Spurs Night this Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Nick Spaling Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Spoil Home Opener, Phantoms In This Weekend - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Recall Kyle Keyser from ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators
- P-Bruins Comeback Falls Just Short as Laval Rocket Wins in Shootout, 5-4
- P-Bruins Fall to Springfield Thunderbirds, 5-2
- P-Bruins Defeat Rochester Americans, 3-2, in Home Opener
- Bruins Assign Axel Andersson to QMJHL's Moncton Wildcats