Rampage Seek Three-Way Tie For First Place In West Division
GAME NOTES --- Tonight resumes an 11-game home stand for the San Antonio Rampage ... Ten of those 11 games will be against West Division rivals (11/30 versus Grand Rapids being the lone exception) ... The Phoenix Coyotes' affiliate can make it a three-way tie for first place in the West Division with a win tonight as Chicago and Rockford are idle tonight ... This contest is the fourth of nine home games for the Rampage during December ... The Rampage will play at the AT&T Center until their only two-game road trip on December 26-27.
Against the Flames -- Tonight's game is the third of eight games between the Quad City Flames and San Antonio ... The Rampage are 2-0-0-0 against the Calgary Flames' affiliate so far this season after winning the last match 4-3 in overtime on Nov. 4 ... This is San Antonio's first meeting all-time with Quad City at the AT&T Center.
WILD WEST: The Rampage are just two points out of first place in a very tough AHL West Division. The West is the only division in the AHL in which every team has a winning record.
NICE BALANCE: The Rampage have 10 players in double figures in points this season. Only four other teams in the AHL have more multi point scorers.
WHO SAYS SHORTHANDED: The Rampage have scored eight shorthanded goals this season (last one came on 12/09 vs. IOW), which is tied for the second most in the AHL. They had just five total 'shorties' last season.
SHORTHANDED PART DEUX: San Antonio is 6-0-0-1 this season when they score a shorthanded goal, suffering their only setback in a 4-3 SOL in MIL on 11/16.
HIGH SCORING: The Rampage are tied for second in the AHL with 92 goals, just two behind Hartford which has tallied 94.
HOME SWEET HOME: The Rampage are 7-3-2-1 at the AT&T Center this season. Last year San Antonio was 19-18-1-2 on home ice.
STRONG DEFENSE MEANS WINS: San Antonio is 14-3-0-0 when allowing three goals or less after beating Iowa 2-1 on 12/09. Eleven times this season San Antonio has allowed the opposition two goals or less and the Rampage are a perfect 11-0-0-0 when doing so.
COMPARING THE PACE: The Rampage picked up their 14th win of the season by beating Iowa 2-1 on 12/09. It came in their 27th game of the season. Last season San Antonio didn't win their 14th game until Jan. 6th, in their 36th game.
THAT'S THE POINT AFTER ALL: The Rampage have recorded at least one standings point in 19 of the 27 games they have played this season.
FACEOFF --- 7:00 p.m. CT, Wednesday, December 12, 2007
SITE --- AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
Home: Dec. 12, Dec. 14, Apr. 12, Apr. 13
Away: Nov. 3 (W, 3-2), Nov. 4 (W, 4-3), Feb. 16, Feb. 17
RADIO --- Tonight's game will be broadcast on Rampage Radio KTKR AM 760 with Joe Dominey calling all of the action.
WEBCAST --- Watch every Rampage game live on your computer at B2 Networks.
THE LAST TIME VS. QUAD CITY:
Last Home Win: None
Last Home Loss: None
Last Home Tie / SOL: None
Last Home Overtime Loss: None
Last Road Win: Nov. 4, 2007 (4-3)
Last Road Loss: None
Last Road Tie/SOL: None
Last Road Overtime Loss: None
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2007
- Flames ignite in third period, stun Rampage 4-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers' comeback falls a goal short - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Power Their Way to Win Over Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Stafford's Shootout Stunner Secures Griffins' 2-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros' 6-1 win over Hartford extend swin streak to five games - Houston Aeros
- Albany Tames Sound Tigers 4-3 - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Defeat Devils 6-5 in a Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss To Griffs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose & Yearling Foundation donate over $5,000 in gifts to Children's Hospital - Manitoba Moose
- Schwarz Returns from Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen to Host Big Buddy Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Drake Bell at Rivermen Game Friday Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Sergei Kostitsyn Recalled By Montreal; Cory Urquhart And Jimmy Bonneau Re-Assigned To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details of Fidelis Al's Pals 'Kid of the Month' Program, Presented by Edy's - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose to honour Vanier Cup champion Bisons Saturday night - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen Community Calendar - Peoria Rivermen
- Falcons To Host Ticket Package Holder Locker Room Tours - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Host Third Annual Teddy Bear Toss Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Seek Three-Way Tie For First Place In West Division - San Antonio Rampage
- Zaba heads up from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- River Rats Call Up Peters From Florida - Albany River Rats
- Game Time for January 5th Moved to 8:00 pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Announce Details of 'Mirasty Mohawk Night' - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL suspends Weber for three - Rochester Americans
- Home Stand Continues Versus Defending Champs - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids