River Rats Call Up Peters From Florida
ALBANY, NY - The Albany River Rats announced today that goaltender Justin Peters has been reassigned to Albany by the Carolina Hurricanes from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
Peters, 21, attended 2007 training camps in Carolina and Albany during the month of September before being reassigned to Florida on October 4th. Since then the Blyth, Ontario native has led the Everblades between the pipes, posting a 10-4-1 record and being named the ECHL's Goaltender of the Month for October and the ECHL's Goaltender of the Week for the week of November 26th - December 1st. Peters (6'1", 213 lbs) currently ranks 2nd in the ECHL in minutes played (914), tied for 2nd in wins (10), 3rd in the league in saves (457), 4th in save percentage (0.933) and 6th in goals against average (2.17).
Carolina's 2nd round (38th overall) draft pick in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, Peters played in 34 games for the River Rats during the 2006-07 season, including making his professional debut with Albany on October 6th 2006 at Rochester. He went 10-18-1 for Albany last year, with a 3.26 GAA, a 0.886 save percentage and one shutout. After starting for the Everblades Tuesday night and making 29 saves in a 4-3 overtime loss to Texas, Peters flew to Albany Wednesday morning, joining the team prior to their trip to Bridgeport.
The River Rats have four games on their schedule for this week, beginning on Wednesday, December 12 at Bridgeport. Friday, December 14th Albany will play in Lowell for a 7:05 pm face off. Saturday the River Rats host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 5:00 pm at the Glens Falls Civic Center. Sunday Albany is back in Bridgeport for a 4:00 pm game at the Arena at Harbor Yard.
Partial season tickets and flex ticket packages for the 2007-08 River Rats season are on sale now. For more information please contact the Albany River Rats at (518) 487-2244 or online at www.albanyriverrats.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2007
- Flames ignite in third period, stun Rampage 4-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers' comeback falls a goal short - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Power Their Way to Win Over Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Stafford's Shootout Stunner Secures Griffins' 2-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros' 6-1 win over Hartford extend swin streak to five games - Houston Aeros
- Albany Tames Sound Tigers 4-3 - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Defeat Devils 6-5 in a Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss To Griffs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose & Yearling Foundation donate over $5,000 in gifts to Children's Hospital - Manitoba Moose
- Schwarz Returns from Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen to Host Big Buddy Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Drake Bell at Rivermen Game Friday Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Sergei Kostitsyn Recalled By Montreal; Cory Urquhart And Jimmy Bonneau Re-Assigned To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details of Fidelis Al's Pals 'Kid of the Month' Program, Presented by Edy's - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose to honour Vanier Cup champion Bisons Saturday night - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen Community Calendar - Peoria Rivermen
- Falcons To Host Ticket Package Holder Locker Room Tours - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Host Third Annual Teddy Bear Toss Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Seek Three-Way Tie For First Place In West Division - San Antonio Rampage
- Zaba heads up from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- River Rats Call Up Peters From Florida - Albany River Rats
- Game Time for January 5th Moved to 8:00 pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Announce Details of 'Mirasty Mohawk Night' - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL suspends Weber for three - Rochester Americans
- Home Stand Continues Versus Defending Champs - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.