Sergei Kostitsyn Recalled By Montreal; Cory Urquhart And Jimmy Bonneau Re-Assigned To Hamilton
HAMILTON, ON - Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today that the Club has recalled winger Sergei Kostitsyn from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League. The Canadiens also re-assigned forwards Cory Urquhart and Jimmy Bonneau to the Bulldogs from the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones.
Kostitsyn, 20, currently leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 22 points (6-16-22) and has a plus-2 rating and 18 penalty minutes in 22 games this season. The native of Novopolotsk, Belarus, notched his first-career AHL point, an assist, in his first-career professional game on October 7th against the Rochester Americans, and scored his first-career AHL goal on October 12th, also versus Rochester.
In the 2006-2007 season with the Ontario Hockey League's London Knights, the 6-foot, 194-pound forward finished third overall in OHL scoring with 131 points (40-91-131) and led the league with 91 assists. Kostitsyn was selected by Montreal in the 7th round, 200th overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Urquhart, 23, was previously re-assigned from Hamilton (AHL) to Cincinnati (ECHL) on December 6th and registered one assist in one game with the Cyclones. Prior to that, the native of Halifax, Nova Scotia, appeared in 18 games in the AHL with Hamilton, posting five goals, three assists, eight points, and 12 penalty minutes.
In 51-career AHL games, all with the Bulldogs, the 6-foot-3, 203-pound forward has 26 points (10-16-26) and 26 penalty minutes. Urquhart was selected by Montreal in the 2nd round, 40th overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
Bonneau, a 22-year-old native of Baie-Comeau, Quebec, joined Cincinnati (ECHL) from Hamilton (AHL) on November 20th and has picked up an assist, a plus-2 rating and 26 penalty minutes in seven games with the Cyclones. Bonneau has also appeared in one game this season with Hamilton and was held scoreless.
The 6-foot-3, 224-pound left-winger has collected 59 penalty minutes in 10-career AHL games with the Bulldogs. Bonneau was selected by Montreal in the 8th round, 241st overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
The defending Calder Cup Champion Hamilton Bulldogs return to action tonight (Wednesday, December 12th) at 7:00 p.m. when they take on the Grand Rapids Griffins at Van Andel Arena. Fans can listen to every Bulldogs game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, 820 CHAM. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'B2 Networks' or '820 CHAM' icon on the 'Dogs website. All regular-season radio and online broadcasts will begin with a pre-game show 20 minutes prior to each scheduled game-time.
The Bulldogs next home game is on Thursday, December 27th when they host their North Division rivals the Manitoba Moose at Copps Coliseum. Tickets for all 'Dogs home games are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666. For more information or to purchase season tickets call 905-529-8500, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2007
- Flames ignite in third period, stun Rampage 4-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers' comeback falls a goal short - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Power Their Way to Win Over Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Stafford's Shootout Stunner Secures Griffins' 2-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros' 6-1 win over Hartford extend swin streak to five games - Houston Aeros
- Albany Tames Sound Tigers 4-3 - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Defeat Devils 6-5 in a Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss To Griffs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose & Yearling Foundation donate over $5,000 in gifts to Children's Hospital - Manitoba Moose
- Schwarz Returns from Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen to Host Big Buddy Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Drake Bell at Rivermen Game Friday Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Sergei Kostitsyn Recalled By Montreal; Cory Urquhart And Jimmy Bonneau Re-Assigned To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details of Fidelis Al's Pals 'Kid of the Month' Program, Presented by Edy's - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose to honour Vanier Cup champion Bisons Saturday night - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen Community Calendar - Peoria Rivermen
- Falcons To Host Ticket Package Holder Locker Room Tours - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Host Third Annual Teddy Bear Toss Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Seek Three-Way Tie For First Place In West Division - San Antonio Rampage
- Zaba heads up from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- River Rats Call Up Peters From Florida - Albany River Rats
- Game Time for January 5th Moved to 8:00 pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Announce Details of 'Mirasty Mohawk Night' - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL suspends Weber for three - Rochester Americans
- Home Stand Continues Versus Defending Champs - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.