Moose to honour Vanier Cup champion Bisons Saturday night
The Manitoba Moose are pleased to announce the organization will honour Head Coach Brian Dobie and the Vanier Cup Champion University of Manitoba Bisons football team prior to the game between the Moose and Lake Erie Monsters this Saturday, December 15th at 7:30 p.m. at the MTS Centre.
The Bisons capped off a perfect 2007 season by defeating the Saint Mary's Huskies in the 41st annual Vanier Cup 28-14 at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, ON on November 23rd, 2007. The Bisons did not lose a game this past year, going 12-0 and winning their first Canadian College football championship in 37 years. The last time the University of Manitoba won the Vanier Cup was back in 1970 and 1969 and they became the first Western Canadian team to grab the Vanier Cup since the University of Saskatchewan in 1998.
In the CIS National Championship game, fifth-year defensive back Mike Howard won the Ted Morris award for most outstanding defensive player, while fourth year quarterback John Makie took home the Bruce Coulter award for most outstanding offensive player.
As part of this special evening, University of Manitoba students can come see the Moose and the Bisons for half-price. Students can show their student card and receive a half-price ticket. This ticket offer is valid only at the MTS Centre Ticketmaster office and all Ticketmaster outlets only.
Since their Vanier Cup victory appearance, the Bisons team has been awarded the Order of the Buffalo Hunt from the Province of Manitoba and was named an Honorary Citizen of the City of Winnipeg.
Saturday night, the Bisons team will be part of a pre-game ceremony with some members of the team available to sign autographs for fans during the game.
Moose fans can get tickets to all Manitoba Moose games, as well as purchase their "Holiday Puck Packs" by calling the Moose ticket office at 987-7825 or by going online at www.moosehockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2007
- Flames ignite in third period, stun Rampage 4-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers' comeback falls a goal short - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Power Their Way to Win Over Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Stafford's Shootout Stunner Secures Griffins' 2-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros' 6-1 win over Hartford extend swin streak to five games - Houston Aeros
- Albany Tames Sound Tigers 4-3 - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Defeat Devils 6-5 in a Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss To Griffs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose & Yearling Foundation donate over $5,000 in gifts to Children's Hospital - Manitoba Moose
- Schwarz Returns from Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen to Host Big Buddy Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Drake Bell at Rivermen Game Friday Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Sergei Kostitsyn Recalled By Montreal; Cory Urquhart And Jimmy Bonneau Re-Assigned To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details of Fidelis Al's Pals 'Kid of the Month' Program, Presented by Edy's - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose to honour Vanier Cup champion Bisons Saturday night - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen Community Calendar - Peoria Rivermen
- Falcons To Host Ticket Package Holder Locker Room Tours - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Host Third Annual Teddy Bear Toss Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Seek Three-Way Tie For First Place In West Division - San Antonio Rampage
- Zaba heads up from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- River Rats Call Up Peters From Florida - Albany River Rats
- Game Time for January 5th Moved to 8:00 pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Announce Details of 'Mirasty Mohawk Night' - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL suspends Weber for three - Rochester Americans
- Home Stand Continues Versus Defending Champs - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Claude Noel Named Head Coach of Winnipeg NHL Team
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg
- Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc
- Moose Eliminated by Bulldogs in Triple Overtime
- Moose Won't Back Down