Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that defenceman Chris Tanev, goaltender Eddie Lack and forwards Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc have been recalled from the Manitoba Moose of the AHL.
Tanev, 21, recorded one assist and zero penalty minutes in 29 games during his first year in the NHL with the Canucks. The Toronto, Ontario native posted nine points (1-8-9) in 39 games with the Moose. He also appeared in 14 playoff games with Manitoba, recording three points (1-2-3) and was +7.
Lack, 23, posted a 28-21-4 record with Manitoba and 2.26 GAA in the regular season. He also appeared in 12 playoff games with the Moose, recording six wins, five losses and a 1.99 GAA.
Shirokov, 25, led the Moose in scoring during the regular season, posting 58 points (22-36-58) in 76 games played. The 5'10", 195-pound right recorded his first NHL goal and played in two games for the Canucks in 2010.11. He appeared in 14 playoff games for Manitoba, ranking second on the team in postseason scoring (7-3-10).
Volpatti, 25, registered 11 points (2-9-11) in 53 games with the Moose and two points (1-1-2) in 15 games with the Canucks in the 2010.11 regular season. He recorded three points (1-2-3) and 36 penalty minutes in 12 playoff games with Manitoba.
Bolduc, 25, split the season between Vancouver and Manitoba, recording four points (2-2-4) in 24 games with the Canucks and 15 points (6-9-15) in 26 games with the Moose. He appeared in 14 playoff games, notching four goals and 20 penalty minutes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 13, 2011
- Bulldogs Drop First Game Of The Series 2-1 To Aeros - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros edge Hamilton Bulldogs 2-1 - Houston Aeros
- B-Sens Shutdown Checkers 3-0 In Game 2 - Binghamton Senators
- Checkers Blanked By Sens In Game 2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Eight Former Amerks to Compete in 2011 Stanley Cup Conference Finals - Rochester Americans
- Four Former Rivermen Still Chasing Calder Cup - Peoria Rivermen
- Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc - Manitoba Moose
- Sixteen Former Admirals Competing in Conference Finals of NHL's Stanley Cup Playoffs - Norfolk Admirals
- See IceHogs Zamboni at YMCA Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Hurricanes to Play Exhibition Game in Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Lightning Sign Former Second-Round Pick Richard Panik - Norfolk Admirals
- Amerks and Knighthawks' 'Week of Caring' Concludes Today - Rochester Americans
- Admirals to Hold Equipment Sale Saturday, May 28 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Aeros-Bulldogs, Game 1 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Claude Noel Named Head Coach of Winnipeg NHL Team
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg
- Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc
- Moose Eliminated by Bulldogs in Triple Overtime
- Moose Won't Back Down