AHL suspends Weber for three
(Rochester, NY)... The American Hockey League announced today that Rochester Americans defenseman Mike Weber has been suspended for three (3) regular-season games as a result of his actions during an AHL game vs. Binghamton on December 9th.
Weber was assessed a game misconduct penalty under AHL Rule 41.1 (Category III) at 19:35 of the second period.
He will miss Rochester's games on Thursday (December 13th) at Chicago, Friday (December 14th) at Rockford and Saturday (December 15th) at Peoria.
Rochester Americans General Manager Jody Gage announced today that the Florida Panthers (NHL) have reassigned defenseman Jordan Henry from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL. The transfer marks his second promotion to the AHL this season. Henry made his AHL debut in Rochester's 4-0 loss to the Syracuse Crunch on November 10th.
A native of Milo, Alberta, Henry has recorded six penalty minutes (PIM) in two games while in an Amerk uniform. With the Everblades, the 6-2, 195 pound blueliner has registered three points (2+1) and 14 PIM in 17 games.
Henry split a five-year junior campaign with Moose Jaw and Red Deer of the WHL prior to signing as a free agent with the Panthers on October 6, 2007. In 270 total games between Moose Jaw and Red Deer, the 21-year-old defenseman has notched 73 points (12+61) and 536 PIM.
The first stop on Rochester's state tour of Illinois this week will be at the Allstate Arena on Thursday, December 13th for an 8:00 p.m. EST matchup against the Chicago Wolves. The contest will be broadcast live on Hot Talk 1280 WHTK, whtk.com and B2 networks. The game will be the second and final meeting between the two teams this season. In their previous encounter, Chicago earned a 2-1 shootout victory over Rochester back on November 11th at The Blue Cross Arena. Rochester holds a 5-2-2 all-time record against the Atlanta Thrashers' affiliate.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 12, 2007
- Flames ignite in third period, stun Rampage 4-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers' comeback falls a goal short - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Power Their Way to Win Over Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Stafford's Shootout Stunner Secures Griffins' 2-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros' 6-1 win over Hartford extend swin streak to five games - Houston Aeros
- Albany Tames Sound Tigers 4-3 - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Defeat Devils 6-5 in a Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Pick Up Point In Shootout Loss To Griffs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose & Yearling Foundation donate over $5,000 in gifts to Children's Hospital - Manitoba Moose
- Schwarz Returns from Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen to Host Big Buddy Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Drake Bell at Rivermen Game Friday Night - Peoria Rivermen
- Sergei Kostitsyn Recalled By Montreal; Cory Urquhart And Jimmy Bonneau Re-Assigned To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details of Fidelis Al's Pals 'Kid of the Month' Program, Presented by Edy's - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose to honour Vanier Cup champion Bisons Saturday night - Manitoba Moose
- Rivermen Community Calendar - Peoria Rivermen
- Falcons To Host Ticket Package Holder Locker Room Tours - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Host Third Annual Teddy Bear Toss Friday - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Seek Three-Way Tie For First Place In West Division - San Antonio Rampage
- Zaba heads up from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- River Rats Call Up Peters From Florida - Albany River Rats
- Game Time for January 5th Moved to 8:00 pm - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Announce Details of 'Mirasty Mohawk Night' - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL suspends Weber for three - Rochester Americans
- Home Stand Continues Versus Defending Champs - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks 65th Anniversary Holiday Packs
- Amerks Partner with T-Mobile for 'Fueling the Frontlines' Community Outreach Initiative
- Sabres Sign Tokarski to Multi-Year Deal
- Cyclones Extend Affiliation Agreement with the Buffalo Sabres & Rochester Americans
- Fogarty Agrees to One-Year Deal with Sabres