Rafters Wrap up Two-Game Series in Green Bay
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters fell on Thursday night to the Green Bay Booyah, but the Rafters look to get back on track Friday night in their second trip to Green Bay of the season.
Off of a narrow 4-3 loss, the Rafters still have the best record in the Wisconsin-Illinois Pod at 20-9. Throughout the season, the Rafters have been rolling behind pitching and offense. The pitching staff has a 3.11 team ERA with 328 strikeouts, leading the Pod. The Wisconsin Rapids offense has scored more runs than anyone in the league, 184, with a league-best 30 home runs.
Tonight, the Rafters send Spencer Arrighetti to the mound. The Louisiana right-hander is the current ERA leader in the league with an ERA of 0.00. Arrighetti has not allowed an earned run all season long, with 29 strikeouts. Arrighetti's opponents are batting .086 against him, best in the league among pitchers with over 10 innings this year.
First pitch tonight from Green Bay in Game Two of the series is at 6:35pm. The game can be seen on the Northwoods League Baseball Network and listened to on AM 1320 WFHR at 6:20pm.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 31, 2020
- Rox Beat Stingers, Win Third Consecutive Game - St. Cloud Rox
- Larks Stomp Moose, Move into Tie for 1st Place - Bismarck Larks
- Stingers Drop Opener of Road Trip at St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Take Friday Matchup with Green Bay, 6-1 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rockford Rivets Pause Season - Rockford Rivets
- Bucks Prance Past MoonDogs in First Night of Two-Game Series - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Take Two More from Daddies, Run Win Streak to 4 - Battle Creek Bombers
- Resorters Go Down Swinging - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Strong Start from Kyle Gendron Leads Kenosha to 6-0 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Wrap up Two-Game Series in Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Game Cancelled Tonight - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Booyah Look to Sweep Wisconsin Rapids - Green Bay Booyah
- Former Eau Claire Express Catcher Daulton Varsho Debuts with the Diamondbacks - Northwoods
- Rox Project S.A.V.E. Foundation Awards $10,000 in Student Scholarships - St. Cloud Rox
- Jimmie Allen/Chase Bryant Show Postponed Until 2021 - La Crosse Loggers
- Loggers Can't Find Timely Hit in 5-1 Loss to Dock Spiders - La Crosse Loggers
- Four and Lookin' for More, Spiders Win Again - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rox Sweep Honkers as Pitching Staff Continues to Shine - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Beat Rafters at Home, 4-3 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Honkers Downed by Tough Rox Pitching - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.