Bucks Prance Past MoonDogs in First Night of Two-Game Series
Waterloo, Iowa - The Mankato MoonDogs dropped the first of two games in Iowa this weekend against the Waterloo Bucks, 8-2, Friday.
Waterloo's big third inning, despite only getting a hit, saw them score five runs and get help from the MoonDogs defense with a couple walks and an error. As a result, the Bucks eventually handed the MoonDogs their third loss in a row while winning their fifth straight.
The Bucks scored another pair for insurance in the fifth. Tristan Peterson logged the first RBI on a base knock. The second run scored on a wild pitch to make it 7-0.
Mankato avoided being shutout in the seventh. After Jake Thompson led off the inning with a single, he later scored on a bases -loaded walk taken by Tanner Craig. Max Wright followed suit and scored in the next at bat when Zach Gilles drew a bases-loaded walk. It was a 7-2 game after the seventh at Riverfront Stadium.
Peterson added another RBI to his Friday resume with a sacrifice fly in the eighth to make it 8-2 Bucks, where it would ultimately finish.
The Waterloo Bucks were efficient with the bats with eight runs to show for their seven hits. Mankato registered five hits for their pair of runs. Errors were a trend at Riverfront Stadium Friday. The MoonDogs had three errors, the Bucks finished with two.
The Bucks' winning pitcher was Blake Corsentino. He went six complete innings with two hits against. He walked a pair and struck out four.
Deylen Miley lost Friday's game for the MoonDogs. The starting right hander pitched three innings and allowed five runs (three earned) despite giving up one hit. Miley walked three and struck out one.
The Mankato MoonDogs (10-16) are back at Riverfront Stadium to take on the Waterloo Bucks (17-8) tomorrow night at 6:35 p.m. for the final game of the series.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 31, 2020
- Rox Beat Stingers, Win Third Consecutive Game - St. Cloud Rox
- Larks Stomp Moose, Move into Tie for 1st Place - Bismarck Larks
- Stingers Drop Opener of Road Trip at St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Take Friday Matchup with Green Bay, 6-1 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rockford Rivets Pause Season - Rockford Rivets
- Bucks Prance Past MoonDogs in First Night of Two-Game Series - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Take Two More from Daddies, Run Win Streak to 4 - Battle Creek Bombers
- Resorters Go Down Swinging - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Strong Start from Kyle Gendron Leads Kenosha to 6-0 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Wrap up Two-Game Series in Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Game Cancelled Tonight - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Booyah Look to Sweep Wisconsin Rapids - Green Bay Booyah
- Former Eau Claire Express Catcher Daulton Varsho Debuts with the Diamondbacks - Northwoods
- Rox Project S.A.V.E. Foundation Awards $10,000 in Student Scholarships - St. Cloud Rox
- Jimmie Allen/Chase Bryant Show Postponed Until 2021 - La Crosse Loggers
- Loggers Can't Find Timely Hit in 5-1 Loss to Dock Spiders - La Crosse Loggers
- Four and Lookin' for More, Spiders Win Again - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rox Sweep Honkers as Pitching Staff Continues to Shine - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Beat Rafters at Home, 4-3 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Honkers Downed by Tough Rox Pitching - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.