Booyah Look to Sweep Wisconsin Rapids
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah (14-15), welcome Wisconsin Rapids (20-9) to Titletown to wrap up the two-game set.
Last night, Green Bay scored four runs in the second inning and never allowed the Rafters to come back in a 4-3 win at Witter Field. The win for the Booyah was their first over Wisconsin Rapids this season, and just the second time the Rafters have lost at home. Green Bay's pitching staff smothered the Rafters offense in the final five innings, allowing just three hits while striking out 10.
With the win, Green Bay kept pace with Rockford who holds a 14-15 overall record on the year. The Rivets picked up an 11-7 victory on the road last night in Wausau, and are deadlocked with the Booyah for second place. Fond du Lac also won their fourth consecutive game last night, beating La Crosse 5-1. The Dock Spiders hold a three-game advantage over both the Booyah and Rivets.
Tonight, Green Bay turns to Cam Bailey on the mound for his first start of the season. Bailey, a right hander out of Middle Georgia State, has a 1-0 record with a 3.45 ERA during the 2020 year. He will face off against Spencer Arrighetti for Wisconsin Rapids, who is 3-0 and has yet to give up an earned run this season. First pitch from Capital Credit Union Park is set for 6:35pm, as the Booyah try to be just the second team to sweep a set from the Rafters this year.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 31, 2020
- Rox Beat Stingers, Win Third Consecutive Game - St. Cloud Rox
- Larks Stomp Moose, Move into Tie for 1st Place - Bismarck Larks
- Stingers Drop Opener of Road Trip at St. Cloud - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Take Friday Matchup with Green Bay, 6-1 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rockford Rivets Pause Season - Rockford Rivets
- Bucks Prance Past MoonDogs in First Night of Two-Game Series - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bombers Take Two More from Daddies, Run Win Streak to 4 - Battle Creek Bombers
- Resorters Go Down Swinging - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Strong Start from Kyle Gendron Leads Kenosha to 6-0 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Rafters Wrap up Two-Game Series in Green Bay - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Game Cancelled Tonight - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Booyah Look to Sweep Wisconsin Rapids - Green Bay Booyah
- Former Eau Claire Express Catcher Daulton Varsho Debuts with the Diamondbacks - Northwoods
- Rox Project S.A.V.E. Foundation Awards $10,000 in Student Scholarships - St. Cloud Rox
- Jimmie Allen/Chase Bryant Show Postponed Until 2021 - La Crosse Loggers
- Loggers Can't Find Timely Hit in 5-1 Loss to Dock Spiders - La Crosse Loggers
- Four and Lookin' for More, Spiders Win Again - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rox Sweep Honkers as Pitching Staff Continues to Shine - St. Cloud Rox
- Booyah Beat Rafters at Home, 4-3 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Honkers Downed by Tough Rox Pitching - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah Announce New Field Manager and Coaching Staff for 2021
- Green Bay Booyah Agree in Principle to Ownership Transfer of Franchise
- December 3rd "Out with the Old" Blowout Sale
- Booyah Announce Ticket Package Dates for 2021 Season
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday & December 3rd Blowout Sale Info