Pritchard Looks to Stay Hot against Growlers at 5:30
The Reading Royals, proud affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, play the Newfoundland Growlers in St. John's at 5:30 p.m. Friday at Mary Brown's Centre. This is the second of three matchups this week against the league leaders.
Wednesday, the Royals lost, 4-2, after a scoreless first half of the game. After Bobby Lynch opened the scoring on a power play 12 minutes into the second period, Jacob Pritchard answered back with a solo effort under a minute later. The tie was short-lived, as Zach O'Brien's seventh goal of the season put the Royals down again 30 seconds later.
Ty Pelton-Byce and Todd Skirving's goals made it 4-1, but with 11 minutes remaining in the third period, the Royals went on a full two-minute five-on-three power play. Pritchard scored again for his first career multi-goal game, but the comeback stopped there. Pat Nagle made 27 saves on 31 shots in his return to the team in purple.
The Royals are third in the North Division following the Trois-Rivieres Lions' win over the Florida Everblades Thursday, which put the Lions into second by one point. Reading holds a record of 6-5-4-1 and 17 points. Newfoundland continues to lead the North and the ECHL with a torrential 14-2-0-0 record and 28 points.
Fans can listen to the game at mixlr.com/readingroyals or watch at FloSports through bit.ly/RoyalsFloSports.
Saturday, Dec. 11 vs. Adirondack - Affiliation Night! Celebrate the Royals' affiliation with the Flyers. Gritty will be at Santander Arena, a Kirill Ustimenko bobblehead will be given away presented by Savage Auto Group, the Royals will play on orange ice, fans will get chances to win gift cards during the game, and there will be a Teddy Bear Toss, postgame skate presented by T-Mobile, and postgame party presented by DoubleTree by Hilton Reading.
Buy tickets HERE: www.royalshockey.com/promotions
Reading Royals season, flex memberships and group tickets are available for the 2021-22 season by visiting the Royals' box office at Santander Arena or by calling 610-898-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2021
- Cherniwchan Makes Hats Fly, But Stingrays Fall in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Hand Admirals First Home Loss of the Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Landers Fall Friday in Ft. Wayne - Iowa Heartlanders
- Glads Get Revenge on Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Freeman, Swamp Rabbits Outlast Stingrays in OT - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Fight to the Finish in 3-2 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Lose 3-2 to Adirondack in a Special Teams Filled Game - Worcester Railers HC
- Payne's Highlight Reel Goal Derails Worcester, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Cressey Gets Three Points in Win over League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall to the Royals 3-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Trim Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceHogs Recall Goaltender Cale Morris - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Signs Forward Stinil - Wichita Thunder
- Florida Everblades Announce Partnership with Lexus - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- 5th Win in a Row for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official - ECHL
- Laura Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official at Railers Game December 11th - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: December 3-5 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Pritchard Looks to Stay Hot against Growlers at 5:30 - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready to Turn the Ship against Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Fall in Tulsa, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Second Period Goal Explosion Leads to 6-4 Win over Worcester
- MLK Day Matchup with Worcester Set for 1:00 p.m. Puck Drop
- All-Star Pritchard Scores First Since December 1 in 2-1 Loss to Railers
- Royals Meet Worcester in Second Leg of Back-To-Back at DCU Center
- Ebbing Scores Twice as Royals Move into First Place