Gladiators Hand Admirals First Home Loss of the Season
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals, proud ECHL affiliates of the Carolina Hurricanes, lost Friday night's home contest against the Atlanta Gladiators, 4-1. This was the first loss at home for the Admirals this season.
The first period was scoreless and rather uneventful, aside from an Admirals penalty shot taken by Cody Milan. Entering the second period tied at zero, Atlanta broke the tie just four minutes into the period on a goal from Greg Campbell.
An Elijah Vilio holding penalty would set the Admirals up with their first power play of the night. Norfolk was able to use the five-on-four advantage and tied the game up on a goal from Chase Lang. The goal was Lang's sixth of the season.
With 25 seconds remaining in the period, Atlanta retook the lead on a Cody Sylvester goal.
Just 68 seconds into the third period, the Gladiators added onto their lead with a goal from Hugo Roy, his second straight game with a goal and ninth of the season.
Hoping to capitalize on an extra skater, the Admirals pulled goaltender Beck Warm, with two minutes remaining in the game. Tim Davison would take advantage of the empty net and send the puck the length of the ice to give the Gladiators a 4-1 lead with just 21 seconds left.
With the loss, the Admirals drop to 9-8-0-1 on the season. Norfolk is back in action on Saturday, December 4th as they take on the Gladiators for the final matchup of the three-game series.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2021
- Cherniwchan Makes Hats Fly, But Stingrays Fall in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Hand Admirals First Home Loss of the Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Landers Fall Friday in Ft. Wayne - Iowa Heartlanders
- Glads Get Revenge on Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Freeman, Swamp Rabbits Outlast Stingrays in OT - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Fight to the Finish in 3-2 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Lose 3-2 to Adirondack in a Special Teams Filled Game - Worcester Railers HC
- Payne's Highlight Reel Goal Derails Worcester, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Cressey Gets Three Points in Win over League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall to the Royals 3-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Trim Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceHogs Recall Goaltender Cale Morris - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Signs Forward Stinil - Wichita Thunder
- Florida Everblades Announce Partnership with Lexus - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- 5th Win in a Row for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official - ECHL
- Laura Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official at Railers Game December 11th - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: December 3-5 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Pritchard Looks to Stay Hot against Growlers at 5:30 - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready to Turn the Ship against Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Fall in Tulsa, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Admirals Announce 2022-23 Schedule & Move to North Division
- Admirals Finish Season on High Note, Defeat Greenville
- Admirals Surge Past Stingrays, Win 4-2
- Chicago Assigns LaFontaine and Serikov to Norfolk
- Jon Cooper and Shawn Thornton Elected into Admirals Hall of Fame