Glads Get Revenge on Admirals
NORFOLK, Va. - The Atlanta Gladiators (8-6-2-0) claimed revenge against the Norfolk Admirals (9-8-0-1) with a 4-1 win at the Norfolk Scope Arena on Friday night. Playing in his 400th professional game, Atlanta's Cody Sylvester recorded the game-winning goal to bring his season total to seven. Mike Pelech and Luke Nogard both recorded two assists for the Glads, and goaltender Tyler Parks made 23 saves on 24 shots.
Norfolk received a penalty shot early in the first period after a trip in front of the net on a breakaway opportunity. Tyler Parks denied Norfolk's Cody Milan after extending his left pad to make an incredible save.
The Glads took a 1-0 advantage early in the second period after Mike Pelech sent a beautiful pass across the ice to find Greg Campbell who slotted it into the back of the net (3:52). Pelech received his 400th ECHL assist after the dish to Campbell.
Norfolk leveled the game at 1-1 after Chase Lang cashed in on a power play (11:45).
Atlanta reclaimed the lead after Luke Nogard maneuvered around the net and fired the puck in front of the goal for Cody Sylvester to bury (19:35). The goal for Sylvester came in his 400th professional game.
The Glads took a 3-1 lead early in the third period after Hugo Roy stripped Chase Lang of the puck at the Atlanta blue line and carried it down the ice. On the ensuing breakaway, Roy lifted a backhander past goaltender Beck Warm for his ninth tally of the season (1:08).
Mike Turner dropped the gloves with Chris Ordoobodi midway through the third period and landed a big right, sending Ordoobodi to the ice. Both players received fighting majors.
Tim Davison hit the empty net late in the third for Atlanta to seal a 4-1 win (19:39).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2021
- Cherniwchan Makes Hats Fly, But Stingrays Fall in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Hand Admirals First Home Loss of the Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Landers Fall Friday in Ft. Wayne - Iowa Heartlanders
- Glads Get Revenge on Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Freeman, Swamp Rabbits Outlast Stingrays in OT - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Fight to the Finish in 3-2 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Lose 3-2 to Adirondack in a Special Teams Filled Game - Worcester Railers HC
- Payne's Highlight Reel Goal Derails Worcester, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Cressey Gets Three Points in Win over League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall to the Royals 3-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Trim Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceHogs Recall Goaltender Cale Morris - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Signs Forward Stinil - Wichita Thunder
- Florida Everblades Announce Partnership with Lexus - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- 5th Win in a Row for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official - ECHL
- Laura Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official at Railers Game December 11th - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: December 3-5 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Pritchard Looks to Stay Hot against Growlers at 5:30 - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready to Turn the Ship against Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Fall in Tulsa, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.