Landers Fall Friday in Ft. Wayne
Fort Wayne, IN - The Iowa Heartlanders fell 4-0 to the Fort Wayne Komets Friday night at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Jiri Patera earned his first shutout on American soil, saving 23 shots for his fourth win of the season.
Trevin Kozlowski stopped 28 shots in the loss.
The Komets scored in every period, including twice in the fourth. They started the scoring 64 seconds into the game on a Will Graber goal, assisted by Kellen Jones and Matt Murphy.
They extended their lead in the second off Connor Corcoran's stick, and Blake Siebenaler tallied two more in the third. Seven Komets tallied a point.
The Heartlanders next home games take place Wed., Dec. 8, Fri., Dec. 10 and Sat., Dec. 11 at Xtream Arena. On Wed., Dec. 8 it's another College Night with discounted tickets for those with a College ID as the Landers take on the Toledo Walleye.
Toledo is in town for big promotional weekend on Friday and Saturday as well. Friday is the team's first-ever Teddy Bear Toss, pres. by Steindler Orthopedic Clinic. Fans are welcome to bring teddy bears and other stuffed animals into the game and throw them on the ice after the Heartlanders score their first goal. All stuffed animals will be donated to local organizations helping those in need during this holiday season.
On Saturday, Dec. 11, the Heartlanders rematch the Walleye for another Healthcare Heroes Night, pres. by Mercy Iowa City.
Season ticket memberships, group tickets, mini-plans, flex vouchers and single-game tickets are available for the Heartlanders inaugural season by calling 319-569-GOAL and visiting iowaheartlanders.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2021
- Cherniwchan Makes Hats Fly, But Stingrays Fall in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Earn Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss to Mavericks - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Hand Admirals First Home Loss of the Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Landers Fall Friday in Ft. Wayne - Iowa Heartlanders
- Glads Get Revenge on Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Freeman, Swamp Rabbits Outlast Stingrays in OT - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Fight to the Finish in 3-2 Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Lose 3-2 to Adirondack in a Special Teams Filled Game - Worcester Railers HC
- Payne's Highlight Reel Goal Derails Worcester, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Cressey Gets Three Points in Win over League Leaders - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall to the Royals 3-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Trim Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- IceHogs Recall Goaltender Cale Morris - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Signs Forward Stinil - Wichita Thunder
- Florida Everblades Announce Partnership with Lexus - Florida Everblades
- Game Notes: at Tulsa - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Gameday - Utah Grizzlies
- 5th Win in a Row for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official - ECHL
- Laura Schmidlein to Make ECHL History as First Female On-Ice Official at Railers Game December 11th - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: December 3-5 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Pritchard Looks to Stay Hot against Growlers at 5:30 - Reading Royals
- Glads Ready to Turn the Ship against Admirals - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rush Fall in Tulsa, 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.