P-Bruins Win Third Consecutive Game, Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 5-2
MARLBOROUGH, MA. - Callum Booth earned his first win of the season and Brady Lyle recorded three points as the Providence Bruins defeated the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 5-2, on Monday afternoon. The win marks Providence's third straight win and ninth win in their last 11 contests. The P-Bruins improved to 10-2-1 with the victory and have a plus-19 goal differential on the season. Providence has recorded a point in seven consecutive contests and 10 of their last 11 games.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
BRIDGEPORT 0 0 2 2
PROVIDENCE 1 3 1 5
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"He (Lyle) has been pretty solid for us in all aspects. To be honest, I didn't know a whole lot about the player. We obviously signed him out of junior. I never really saw him and we didn't have the opportunity to see him in rookie camp like we usually would. He came in really with a blank canvas with our staff, but he's been great - he's been solid.
One thing I like about Brady is he's really hard on the puck. He obviously has a hard shot, which you saw today, but every pass is hard. It's a pro pass. In battles, he's able to win pucks. He's obviously working on certain aspects of his game to transition to professional hockey, but it's been a terrific start. We're able to play him in most situations, which is a lot to say for a young rookie defenseman coming out of junior."
- Brady Lyle recorded his first career three-point game with a goal and two assists. Lyle also added a fight to complete the Gordie Howe hat trick.
- Tommy Cross scored two goals, his first two goals of the season. The goals mark Cross's first with the P-Bruins since February 11, 2018. With the two goals, Cross extended his point streak to four games.
- Callum Booth recorded his first win of the season, making 36 saves on 38 shots against.
- Robert Lantosi scored a goal and added an assist for his second multi-point game of the season. Lantosi has recorded nine points (5G, 4A) in 13 games this season.
- Cameron Hughes extended his point streak to four games with an assist. He has seven points (2G, 5A) during that four-game span. His 13 points (4G, 9A) lead the P-Bruins.
- Jakub Lauko recorded an assist and extended his point streak to three games. Lauko has 11 points (4G, 7A) in 12 games this season, which is good for second amongst P-Bruins skaters.
- Pavel Shen scored his first goal of the season and recorded a point for the second straight game.
- Ian McKinnon recorded his first point of the season with an assist.
- Alex-Olivier Voyer collected the first assist of his career.
- The P-Bruins will travel to Hartford, Connecticut and take on the Hartford Wolf Pack on Saturday, March 20 at XL Center. Puck drop is set for 1 p.m. ET.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS
TEAM GP PTS
PROVIDENCE 13 21
HARTFORD 8 6
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2021
- Pickard Reassigned by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson Roadrunners' Road Ahead: Week of March 15 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Busy Griffins Face Three Games in Five Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Marcus Kallionkieli Reassigned to Silver Knights - Henderson Silver Knights
- Syracuse Crunch, Rochester Americans Game Postponed - Syracuse Crunch
- Wednesday's Amerks Game against Syracuse Postponed - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Comets Reschedule March 13 Road Game in Rochester - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Win Third Consecutive Game, Defeat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- Sound Tigers Drop Monday Matinee to Providence - Bridgeport Islanders
- Metro mon epicier to Present the Rocket Hockey Tour - Laval Rocket
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Carr, Henry Recalled from ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Rippon and LeBlanc Join Belleville Senators on Amateur Tryouts - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build Up: Senators at Rocket March 15th - Belleville Senators
- Dallas Recalls Bow and Fedun, Returns Point and Rosburg to Texas - Texas Stars
- Providence's Jeremy Swayman Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Sound Tigers Set for 1 p.m. Matchup against Bruins - Bridgeport Islanders
- Hogs Weekly: IceHogs to Honor Frontline Workers During Weekend Set vs. Iowa - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Split Home-And-Home with Laval - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Providence Bruins Announce Full 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Providence Bruins Sign Eli Zummack to Two-Year AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Announces 2021-22 Division Alignment & Schedule Length
- P-Bruins Defenseman Josiah Didier Wins Inaugural Colby Cave Memorial Award
- Three P-Bruins Named to Atlantic Division All-Star Team