P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack in Overtime, 3-2
HARTFORD, CT. - Alex-Olivier Voyer and Samuel Asselin each scored a goal while Dan Vladar recorded 29 saves, but the Providence Bruins fell to the Hartford Wolf Pack in overtime, 3-2, on Saturday afternoon. Providence went four-for-four on the penalty kill and 15 of 18 skaters recorded a shot on goal. With the loss, the P-Bruins record stands at 14-6-3 with a plus-16 goal differential.
1st 2nd 3rd OT FINAL
PROVIDENCE 0 2 0 0 2
HARTFORD 0 1 1 1 3
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"I think it took us a little while to get going. They had the majority of the momentum in the first period, but as the game went on we started to skate and we were able to get into their end, get in on the forecheck, and have some offensive zone time. I certainly was encouraged by the last couple periods.
We've got a younger group that's just learning how to win against some older players. It was good to see. I thought our power play had some good zone time. Our kill was, for the most part, good against a really good power play. There were some really good signs. We obviously would have liked to get the win and hold onto that game, but, at the very least, we put up our best effort and hopefully we get rewarded the next time around."
- Alex-Olivier Voyer opened the scoring with his fifth goal of the season. The rookie is now tied for fifth on the P-Bruins in goals this season and has posted eight points (5G, 3A) in 20 games overall.
- Jakub Lauko recorded the primary assist on Voyer's second period goal. Lauko ranks second on the P-Bruins in both assists (13) and points (18).
- Cameron Hughes picked up the secondary assist on Voyer's goal. Hughes has recorded 19 points (4G, 15A) this season and leads the team in assists and points.
- Samuel Asselin scored his seventh goal of the season, which ranks second on the P-Bruins. Asselin has picked up 14 points (7G, 7A) in 23 games this season.
- Brady Lyle recorded the primary assist on Asselin's goal. Lyle has 13 points (6G, 7A) this season, which leads all P-Bruins defensemen and is tied for sixth amongst all AHL rookie defensemen.
- Jack Studnicka picked up his fourth assist of the year with the secondary helper on Asselin's goal.
- Dan Vladar continued his stellar play between the pipes, recording 29 saves on 32 shots. Vladar has appeared in nine games with the P-Bruins this season, posting a 2.10 goals against average and a .925 save percentage.
- The P-Bruins will travel to Bridgeport, Connecticut and take on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Monday, May 3 at Webster Bank Arena. Puck drop is set for 1 p.m. ET.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS
TEAM GP PTS
PROVIDENCE 23 31
HARTFORD 22 27
BRIDGEPORT 22 16
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 1, 2021
- Reign Edge Colorado - Ontario Reign
- Colorado's Rally Falls Short in 5-4 Loss to Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Score Five for Second Straight Win over Cleveland - Texas Stars
- Henderson Dominant in 4-0 Win against San Jose - Henderson Silver Knights
- Point Streak Ends at Four - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Don't Take to the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Outshoot the Stars in 5-2 Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Bounces Back to Top Chicago 5-2 - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Snap Skid with 3-1 Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Griffins' Comeback Falls Short in Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Fall to Amerks, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Forward Jonah Gadjovich - Utica Comets
- Jobst Shines in 4-2 Win over Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Marlies Drop First of Weekend Series against Senators - Toronto Marlies
- Miletic Posts Goal, Assist in Penguins' 4-3 Overtime Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- McMichael Scores Overtime Winner to Leads Bears Past Pens, 4-3 - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack in Overtime, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Barracuda Set Franchise Record with Five Power-Play Goals in 7-5 Win over Henderson - San Jose Barracuda
- Wolf Pack Continue Surge as Newell Lifts Hartford in Overtime - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Johansson Assigned to Eagles, Three Return to Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Wylie Called Up, Zamula and Pouliot Return - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Goaltender Hugo Alnefelt to Entry-Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Tyutyayev for 2021-22 Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game #31 Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, May 1st - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Gulls Score AHL-Best 23rd Win - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners Come Up Short In Another High-Scoring Affair With San Diego Gulls - Tucson Roadrunners
- Colorado No Match for Reign Friday Night - Ontario Reign
- Henderson Falls to San Jose, 7-5 - Henderson Silver Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Providence Bruins Announce Full 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Providence Bruins Sign Eli Zummack to Two-Year AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Announces 2021-22 Division Alignment & Schedule Length
- P-Bruins Defenseman Josiah Didier Wins Inaugural Colby Cave Memorial Award
- Three P-Bruins Named to Atlantic Division All-Star Team