Johansson Assigned to Eagles, Three Return to Avalanche
WINDSOR, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that goaltender Jonas Johansson has been assigned to the Eagles by the team's NHL affiliate. In addition, goaltenders Adam Werner and Hunter Miska have been recalled by the Avalanche, along with defenseman Dan Renouf.
Johansson has appeared in six NHL games this season with Colorado, posting a record of 3-1-1, to go along with a 2.27 goals-against average and a .910 save-percentage. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound netminder has competed in 19 total NHL games with the Avalanche and Buffalo Sabres and has also seen action in 41 career AHL contests with Rochester Americans. A third-round pick of Buffalo in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Johansson earned a spot on the 2020 AHL All-Star Team after going 14-4-3 with Rochester, while also boasting a 2.28 GAA and a .921 goals-against average.
Werner has gone 4-3-1 with the Eagles this season, including a 16-save shutout of the Texas Stars on April 10th. Miska owns a record of 5-4-0 with Colorado this year, which is complemented by a 2.91 GAA and a .909 save-percentage. Meanwhile, Renouf returns to the NHL, where he has generated three assists in 16 games with the Avalanche. He has also collected a goal and two assists in five games with the Eagles.
Colorado will return to action when the Eagles host the Ontario Reign on Saturday, May 1st at 7:05pm MT at the Budweiser Events Center. Fans can catch every game this season live on "The Home of the Colorado Eagles," 92.9 The Bear or on AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 1, 2021
- Reign Edge Colorado - Ontario Reign
- Colorado's Rally Falls Short in 5-4 Loss to Ontario - Colorado Eagles
- Stars Score Five for Second Straight Win over Cleveland - Texas Stars
- Henderson Dominant in 4-0 Win against San Jose - Henderson Silver Knights
- Point Streak Ends at Four - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Don't Take to the Wild - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Outshoot the Stars in 5-2 Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Iowa Bounces Back to Top Chicago 5-2 - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Snap Skid with 3-1 Win over Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Griffins' Comeback Falls Short in Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Fall to Amerks, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks Recall Forward Jonah Gadjovich - Utica Comets
- Jobst Shines in 4-2 Win over Phantoms - Binghamton Devils
- Marlies Drop First of Weekend Series against Senators - Toronto Marlies
- Miletic Posts Goal, Assist in Penguins' 4-3 Overtime Loss - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- McMichael Scores Overtime Winner to Leads Bears Past Pens, 4-3 - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack in Overtime, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Barracuda Set Franchise Record with Five Power-Play Goals in 7-5 Win over Henderson - San Jose Barracuda
- Wolf Pack Continue Surge as Newell Lifts Hartford in Overtime - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Johansson Assigned to Eagles, Three Return to Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Wylie Called Up, Zamula and Pouliot Return - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Sign Goaltender Hugo Alnefelt to Entry-Level Contract - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Sign Tyutyayev for 2021-22 Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game #31 Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, May 1st - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Gulls Score AHL-Best 23rd Win - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners Come Up Short In Another High-Scoring Affair With San Diego Gulls - Tucson Roadrunners
- Colorado No Match for Reign Friday Night - Ontario Reign
- Henderson Falls to San Jose, 7-5 - Henderson Silver Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Announce 2021-22 Regular Season Schedule
- Eagles Sign ECHL Rookie of the Year Matthew Boucher
- Colorado Eagles, Townsquare Media Sign Multi-Year Broadcast Agreement to Make 99.9 The Point the New 'Home of the Eagles'
- Colorado Adds Defenseman Rob Hamilton
- Wagner Signs Two-Year Extension with Eagles