Oilers Double-up Grizzlies, Extend Point Streak to Six Games in Victory
TULSA, Okla. - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks and the AHL's San Diego Gulls and powered by Community Care, downed the Utah Grizzlies 6-3 at the BOK Center on Saturday night.
Alec Butcher opened the scoring for the second-straight game since being acquired from the Reading Royals 6:22 into the action. Jordan Martel knotted the game 1-1 with 10.6 seconds remaining in the opening frame. Both goals came on the man advantage.
Kyle Crnkovic extended his point streak to five games, scoring an even-strength goal on a follow-up effort just 1:24 into the second. Butcher notched his second of the game 43 seconds before the mid-way mark of the game, putting the Oilers up 3-1. Brandon Yoon netted his second in as many nights just 1:53 later, cutting the Oilers' lead to one. Karl Boudrias, Jimmy Lodge and Reggie Millette teamed up to restore the two-goal advantage for the Oilers.The goal gave Millette his first point as an Oiler, and Lodge acquired his second point of the night on the tally.
Jacob Semik wired a shot through a screen past Julian Junca 30 seconds before the half-way mark of the final frame, cutting the score to 4-3 in Tulsa's favor. Andy Carroll netted his fourth of the season, a quick-release snapper for the Oilers second power-play goal of the night. Jaxsen Wiebe secured Tulsa's 6-3 with an empty-net goal - completing a Gordie Howe hat trick on the night.
The Oilers and Grizzlies do battle again tomorrow afternoon, Sunday Dec. 3 at the BOK Center at 4:05 p.m.
- Kylor Wall is on a four-game point streak, securing five points (1G, 4A)
- Alec Butcher has three goals in two appearances as an Oiler
- Karl Boudrias recorded two points in his return to the lineup
- Kyle Crnkovic has 10 points in his last five games (4G, 6A)
- Kyle Crnkovic is on a five-game point streak
- Jaxsen Wiebe scored his first goal as an Oiler
- Jaxsen Wiebe earned his first multi-point game as a pro
- Jaxsen Wiebe recorded a Gordie Howe hat trick (a goal, assist and a fight)
- Julian Junca earned a win in his first game since being activated from injured reserve
- Reggie Millete earned his first point as an Oiler
. Jimmy Lodge finished the game with two points
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram , or "Like" us on Facebook for more information about the Tulsa Oilers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 2, 2023
- Norfolk Scores Four Goals in Third Period to Defeat Worcester - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Double-up Grizzlies, Extend Point Streak to Six Games in Victory - Tulsa Oilers
- Icemen Collect Over 14,000 Teddy Bears, But Fall 4-3 to Trios-Rivieres - Jacksonville Icemen
- Bates Tricks Thunder Past Americans - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Fall in Special Teams Battle to Growlers, 5-4 - Idaho Steelheads
- Growlers Edge Out Steelheads 5-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Maier Saves 38 as Royals Soar Past Wings in Series Finale, 5-3 - Reading Royals
- Americans Fall to Wichita 4-3 on Star Wars Night - Allen Americans
- Stingrays Surge Past Swamp Rabbits in Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ghost Pirates Take Down Gladiators - Savannah Ghost Pirates
- Fuel Win OT Thriller Over Nailers - Indy Fuel
- A Feel-Good Victory for the Lions - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Fish Fend off Heartlanders, Claim Eleventh Victory - Toledo Walleye
- Teddy Bear Toss Soured as Stingrays Snap Swamp Rabbits' Win Streak - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Physical Bout Ends in 5-2 Railers' Loss - Worcester Railers HC
- K-Wings Fire Away, Royals Sneak by in 3rd - Kalamazoo Wings
- Heartlanders Fire 45 Shots But Lethemon Steals Show in 5-3 Decision - Iowa Heartlanders
- Nailers Rally Back for First Point in Indy - Wheeling Nailers
- Mariners Earn Third Point of Weekend in Overtime Loss - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Shut Out Everblades In Overtime, 1-0 - Adirondack Thunder
- Lions' Road Woes Continue - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Goaltender Mitchell Gibson Re-Assigned to Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 2 - ECHL
- Thunder Sign Forward Nico Blachman - Adirondack Thunder
- Wranglers Tab Gourley on Second Recall of Season - Rapid City Rush
- Game Day Preview: Star Wars Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Swamp Rabbits Game Preview: Teddy Bear Toss - Swamp Rabbits vs South Carolina Stingrays (7:05pm) - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Battle Wings in Holiday Sweaters for Christmas in Margaritaville - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Oilers Stories
- Oilers Can't Stop Mavericks from Clinching First Playoff Spot
- Oilers Shut Out By Americans In Goaltender Duel
- Game Preview: March 1 at Allen Americans
- Mavericks Take Advantage Of Major Penalty To Come Back Against Oilers
- Game Preview: February 28 vs Kansas City Mavericks