Nathan Walker Re-Assigned to Hershey
(Hershey, PA) - The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has re-assigned forward Nathan Walker to the Hershey Bears.
Walker, 25, has 34 points (14 goals, 20 assists) in 58 games with Hershey this season, ranking fifth on the team in scoring. He has five power play goals this season, and has scored the first goal of the game seven times, a mark tied for second in the AHL. Walker has played parts of six seasons with the Bears, and has registered 135 points (57 goals, 78 assists) in 296 AHL games.
Walker appeared in three games for the Capitals this season and recorded one assist. He scored his first NHL goal in his NHL debut last season on Oct. 7, 2017 against the Montreal Canadiens, and played in seven games for the Capitals during the 2017-18 campaign. The Sydney, Australia, native became the first Australian to play in the NHL when he made his debut versus the Canadiens. Additionally, Walker appeared in two games for the Edmonton Oilers last year after being claimed off waivers from Washington.
The Bears host Lehigh Valley on Tuesday for a 7 p.m. puck drop at the Giant Center. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2019
- Roadrunners' Push Stymied by Petersen, Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Earn Win over Tucson - Ontario Reign
- Blackhawks Reassign Lankinen to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Earn Valuable Point - Chicago Wolves
- Eagles Earn Big Points in 3-2 Shootout Win over Wolves - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Set Franchise Record with 10 Goals in Win over Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Melts Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms in Wild, High-Scoring Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heat Offense Erupts in the 6-2 Win, Behind Five Second Period Goals - Stockton Heat
- Fogarty and Gropp Propel Pack over Binghamton - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Inch Closer to Playoffs with 3-1 Win over Comets - Providence Bruins
- Bears Clinch Berth in 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Hershey Bears
- Comets Thwarted by Bruins in Providence - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall to Wolf Pack, 6-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Leslie Collects Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Shoot Down Thunderbirds 5-0 in Home Finale - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Get Payback to Earn Split of Weekend Series with T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Manitoba Moose
- Red Wings Assign Eight to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson at Ontario Game Preview - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stockton Concludes Season Series with Manitoba Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Englund Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Nathan Walker Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Flyers Loan Corban Knight and Mark Friedman to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- 2019 Playoff Ticket Packages Available Now - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Bears Weekly: Bears Hold Strong, Push Towards Playoffs Underway
- Bears Beat Checkers 6-1, Kessy in Stable Condition after Fight
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM
- Capitals Acquire Forward Daniel Sprong from Anaheim
- Bears Erase Early Deficit, Win in Shootout over Bridgeport