Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Sunday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, assigned defenseman Adam Clendening to Cleveland. A 6'0", 196 lb., right-handed native of Niagara Falls, NY, Clendening, 26, was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the second round (36th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. In four appearances for Columbus this season, Clendening posted a +1 rating. In 90 career NHL appearances for Columbus, Chicago, the Vancouver Canucks, Pittsburgh Penguins, Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers and Arizona Coyotes spanning parts of four seasons from 2014-18, Clendening supplied 4-20-24 with 42 penalty minutes and a +11 rating.
In 43 appearances for Cleveland this season, Clendening supplied 4-32-36 with a team-high 98 penalty minutes and a +17 rating. In 304 career AHL appearances for the Rockford IceHogs, Utica Comets, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Tucson Roadrunners and the Monsters spanning parts of six seasons from 2012-19, Clendening contributed 32-165-197 with 365 penalty minutes and a +48 rating. Clendening competed in the 2012-13 AHL All-Star Game and was named to the 2013-14 AHL First All-Star Team and the 2012-13 AHL Second All-Star Team.
Prior to his professional career, Clendening notched 9-50-59 with 144 penalty minutes and a +19 rating in 77 NCAA appearances for Boston University spanning two seasons from 2010-12 and added 4-13-17 with 44 penalty minutes and a +16 rating in 26 USHL appearances for USA Hockey's National Team Development Program during the 2009-10 season. Clendening additionally competed for Team USA at the 2012 IIHF U20 World Junior Championships.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Monday home clash vs. the Rochester Americans with full coverage, live from The Q, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters tickets for the hottest games of the year on sale now and start at only $10 per seat! Additionally, 2019-20 Monsters Hockey Club memberships, including the best seats for each game, the lowest ticket prices, exclusive year-round benefits and free gear are also on sale now. Visit https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/monsters-hockey-club or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2019
- Roadrunners' Push Stymied by Petersen, Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Earn Win over Tucson - Ontario Reign
- Blackhawks Reassign Lankinen to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Earn Valuable Point - Chicago Wolves
- Eagles Earn Big Points in 3-2 Shootout Win over Wolves - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Set Franchise Record with 10 Goals in Win over Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Melts Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms in Wild, High-Scoring Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heat Offense Erupts in the 6-2 Win, Behind Five Second Period Goals - Stockton Heat
- Fogarty and Gropp Propel Pack over Binghamton - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Inch Closer to Playoffs with 3-1 Win over Comets - Providence Bruins
- Bears Clinch Berth in 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Hershey Bears
- Comets Thwarted by Bruins in Providence - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall to Wolf Pack, 6-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Leslie Collects Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Shoot Down Thunderbirds 5-0 in Home Finale - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Get Payback to Earn Split of Weekend Series with T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Manitoba Moose
- Red Wings Assign Eight to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson at Ontario Game Preview - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stockton Concludes Season Series with Manitoba Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Englund Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Nathan Walker Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Flyers Loan Corban Knight and Mark Friedman to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- 2019 Playoff Ticket Packages Available Now - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.