Blackhawks Reassign Lankinen to Rockford
ROCKFORD, Ill - The Chicago Blackhawks today announced they have reassigned goaltender Kevin Lankinen to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Lankinen, 23, was originally recalled by Chicago on an emergency basis on April 5, but did not appear in a game with the Blackhawks.
He made his North American pro debut this season and has spent the majority of the campaign with the IceHogs, posting a 7-7-4 record with a 2.47 GAA and .911 save percentage in 18 AHL contests. He has allowed two or fewer goals in 10 of his 18 appearances and is 5-2-1 over his last eight outings since Jan. 25.
The Helsinki, Finland native has also gone 4-2-0 with a 3.18 GAA and .893 save percentage in six ECHL games with the Indy Fuel in 2018-19.
Prior to his debut in the Blackhawks' system, Lankinen posted career-best marks in GAA (1.33) and save percentage (.946) in 15 games with HIFK of the Finnish Elite League during the 2017-18 regular season. He then registered a 1.99 GAA and .936 save percentage in 13 playoff games while helping HIFK to a Liiga bronze medal.
Next Home Game: Sunday, April 14 vs. Milwaukee Admirals | 6 p.m.
The IceHogs host their regular season home finale with a divisional showdown against the Milwaukee Admirals. The contest is fan appreciation night, and the first 2,500 fans receive a free team photo, courtesy of American Solutions for Business.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2019
- Roadrunners' Push Stymied by Petersen, Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Earn Win over Tucson - Ontario Reign
- Blackhawks Reassign Lankinen to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Earn Valuable Point - Chicago Wolves
- Eagles Earn Big Points in 3-2 Shootout Win over Wolves - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Set Franchise Record with 10 Goals in Win over Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Melts Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms in Wild, High-Scoring Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heat Offense Erupts in the 6-2 Win, Behind Five Second Period Goals - Stockton Heat
- Fogarty and Gropp Propel Pack over Binghamton - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Inch Closer to Playoffs with 3-1 Win over Comets - Providence Bruins
- Bears Clinch Berth in 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Hershey Bears
- Comets Thwarted by Bruins in Providence - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall to Wolf Pack, 6-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Leslie Collects Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Shoot Down Thunderbirds 5-0 in Home Finale - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Get Payback to Earn Split of Weekend Series with T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Manitoba Moose
- Red Wings Assign Eight to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson at Ontario Game Preview - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stockton Concludes Season Series with Manitoba Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Englund Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Nathan Walker Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Flyers Loan Corban Knight and Mark Friedman to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- 2019 Playoff Ticket Packages Available Now - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.