Heat Offense Erupts in the 6-2 Win, Behind Five Second Period Goals
Winnipeg, Manitoba. - Following a scoreless performance on Saturday, Stockton's offense came to life in the 6-2 win, behind five second period goals. Tyler Parsons picked up his second straight win, stopping 36 of 38 shots in the victory. Ryan Lomberg opened the scoring, netting his 11th goal of the season on the 5-on-3 to give the Heat a 1-0 lead after one period. Tyler Parsons stole the show in the opening period, saving all 14 shots in the first period. The game was won for the Heat in the second frame with five different goal scorers: John McCarron, Tyler Graovac, Corey Schueneman, Rinat Valiev and Ryan Lomberg. Manitoba tied the action up at 1-1 early in the middle period, but the tie did not last long as Stockton responded with three goals in just 3:21 to take a 4-1 lead. The Heat would tack on two more in the period to set a new season-high for goals in a period with five.
W: Tyler Parsons (38 shots, 36 saves)
L: Mikhail Berdin (18 shots, 13 saves), Ken Appleby (16 shots, 15 saves)
Three Stars: First - Tyler Parsons (Win, 36 saves), Second - Glenn Gawdin (Three assists), Third - Ryan Lomberg (2 goals)
Final Shots: STK - 34, MB - 38
Power Plays: STK - 2-5, MB - 1-6
-Heat win their fifth game in the last six.
-Stockton's win gives the Heat the weekend split and the season series split with the Manitoba Moose.
-Tyler Parsons earned his second straight win.
-Ryan Lomberg recorded his third multi-goal game in his last 14 contests, netting his 11th and 12th goals of the season.
-Glenn Gawdin recorded his second, three assist game of the year.
-Tyler Graovac scored his 23rd goal of the season, tying Kerby Rychel for the team lead.
-Rookie defenseman Corey Schueneman notched his first pro goal in the second period.
-Heat sent Mikhail Berdin to the bench after the goalie allowed five goals through 31:31 of play.
The Heat will be back at Stockton Arena on Wednesday, April 10 for the annual Pacific Takeover game. Friday night, Stockton will play their final road game of the season against the Ontario Reign. Two days later, on Sunday, April 14 the Heat will close out their season for Fan Appreciation Night against the Bakersfield Condors.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2019
- Roadrunners' Push Stymied by Petersen, Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Earn Win over Tucson - Ontario Reign
- Blackhawks Reassign Lankinen to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Earn Valuable Point - Chicago Wolves
- Eagles Earn Big Points in 3-2 Shootout Win over Wolves - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Set Franchise Record with 10 Goals in Win over Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Melts Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms in Wild, High-Scoring Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heat Offense Erupts in the 6-2 Win, Behind Five Second Period Goals - Stockton Heat
- Fogarty and Gropp Propel Pack over Binghamton - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Inch Closer to Playoffs with 3-1 Win over Comets - Providence Bruins
- Bears Clinch Berth in 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Hershey Bears
- Comets Thwarted by Bruins in Providence - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall to Wolf Pack, 6-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Leslie Collects Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Shoot Down Thunderbirds 5-0 in Home Finale - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Get Payback to Earn Split of Weekend Series with T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Manitoba Moose
- Red Wings Assign Eight to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson at Ontario Game Preview - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stockton Concludes Season Series with Manitoba Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Englund Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Nathan Walker Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Flyers Loan Corban Knight and Mark Friedman to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- 2019 Playoff Ticket Packages Available Now - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Heat Stories
- Leslie Named Stockton's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Heat Drop Tuesday Tilt, 7-4, to San Jose
- Heat Continue Playoff Push Tuesday against San Jose
- Stockton, Bakersfield Face off Saturday at Mechanics Bank Arena
- Heat Rally for 3-2 Win over Condors