Moose Announce 2018-19 Team Awards
Winnipeg - The Manitoba Moose are proud to announce their team award winners for the 2018-19 regular season. The awards were presented in a pre-game ceremony ahead of today's final regular season home game against the Stockton Heat.
FloForm Countertops Most Valuable Player Award - Eric Comrie
Eric Comrie has led the way for the Moose this season while backstopping the team to a career-high 23 wins. In 45 appearances, Comrie has a 23-16-4 record, supported by a 2.75 goals-against average, a 0.916 save percentage and two shutouts. Despite having been with the Winnipeg Jets since March 22, Comrie still ranks third in the AHL in saves and fourth in minutes played. Comrie is the first goaltender in franchise history to play over 10,000 minutes and make over 5,000 saves in his career. He now ranks second on the club's all-time leaderboard with 75 career wins. The Edmonton, Alta. native was recognized by the league this season as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Jan. 20.
2017-18 Winner: Patrice Cormier
Manitoba Moose Best Defenceman Award - Tucker Poolman
Tucker Poolman has enjoyed a breakout campaign in his second professional season. Appearing in a career-high 43 games with the Moose, Poolman has 25 points (5G, 20A) to his name while maintaining a plus-four rating. Poolman ranks second among Moose defenders in point production and is tied for the team lead in goals from the blue line. Impressively, the East Grand Forks, Minn. product has only accumulated 10 penalty minutes this season.
2017-18 Winner: Sami Niku
Manitoba Moose Rookie of the Year Award - Logan Stanley
Logan Stanley has been a stalwart as a member of the Moose defence in his rookie campaign. Appearing in all but three games this season, Stanley leads all Manitoba rookies with 19 points (5G, 14A). That mark also places him 17th among the league's first-year defenders. The Waterloo, Ont. native is fifth among the league's rookie defencemen with 137 shots on goal, and is tied for the club lead for goals by a defenceman.
2017-18 Winner: Mason Appleton/Sami Niku
EPRA - Julian Klymkiw Community Service Award - Peter Stoykewych
In his first season serving as the team's captain, Peter Stoykewych has been an integral part of the Moose on and off the ice. Named as the team's winner of the IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year award, Stoykewych has participated in numerous community events and post-game meet and greets. He will also be featured in a public service announcement with the Winnipeg Police and CAA, and has been a guest columnist in 'Game On' magazine, sharing his professional experiences with the next generation of hockey players.
2017-18 Winner: Darren Kramer
Manitoba Moose Three Stars Award - Eric Comrie
Eric Comrie has dominated the Three Stars standings, racking up 32 star points on the season. Comrie was named the first star of the game in nine of his 24 appearances on home ice, while earning second star honours twice and receiving one third star nod. The Moose MVP was exceptional at Bell MTS Place this season, posting an 18-5-1 record with a 2.55 goals-against average and a 0.930 save percentage.
2017-18 Winner: Mason Appleton
Ultimate Software Leading Scorer Award
This award will not be handed out until the conclusion of the regular season. At this point it's a two-man race for the Moose scoring title. Seth Griffith currently holds the team lead in scoring with four games left on the schedule. Griffith has 52 points (15G, 37A) on the campaign, a five-point edge over Logan Shaw at 47 points (27G, 20A).
2017-18 Winner: Mason Appleton
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2019
- Roadrunners' Push Stymied by Petersen, Reign - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reign Earn Win over Tucson - Ontario Reign
- Blackhawks Reassign Lankinen to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Earn Valuable Point - Chicago Wolves
- Eagles Earn Big Points in 3-2 Shootout Win over Wolves - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Set Franchise Record with 10 Goals in Win over Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Melts Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms in Wild, High-Scoring Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heat Offense Erupts in the 6-2 Win, Behind Five Second Period Goals - Stockton Heat
- Fogarty and Gropp Propel Pack over Binghamton - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Inch Closer to Playoffs with 3-1 Win over Comets - Providence Bruins
- Bears Clinch Berth in 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Hershey Bears
- Comets Thwarted by Bruins in Providence - Utica Comets
- Devils Fall to Wolf Pack, 6-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Leslie Collects Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers Shoot Down Thunderbirds 5-0 in Home Finale - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Get Payback to Earn Split of Weekend Series with T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Moose Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Manitoba Moose
- Red Wings Assign Eight to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tucson at Ontario Game Preview - Tucson Roadrunners
- Stockton Concludes Season Series with Manitoba Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Canes Recall Bean from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Englund Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Nathan Walker Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Flyers Loan Corban Knight and Mark Friedman to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- 2019 Playoff Ticket Packages Available Now - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.