Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-34)
Game #75: Nashville Sounds (30-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-34)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (5-5, 4.21) vs. RHP Robert Dugger (0-0, ---)
First Pitch: 1:00 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Robert Dugger: 23-year-old Robert Dugger starts for the Baby Cakes in game four of the series today. It will be his Triple-A debut. The right-hander is 6-6 with a 3.31 ERA in 13 games (all starts) with Double-A Jachsonville this season. He has covered 70.2 innings and has allowed 57 hits and 21 walks to go along with 73 strikeouts. Meyer last pitched on June 10 in a start versus Montgomery. He allowed 5 runs (2 earned) on 6 hits and 2 walks in 5.0 innings. He got the loss in the 9-4 game. In his minor league career, Dugger is 24-20 with a 3.31 ERA in 81 games (62 starts). He has racked up 368 strikeouts in 378.0 innings. The Marlins drafted him in the 18th round of the 2016 MLB Draft out of Texas Tech.
Double-Double: Carlos Tocci is the first Nashville hitter to have two doubles in one game this season. Nashville has not been a team of extra-base hits, as they are tied-for-fifthteenth in extra-base hits. They are also ranked last in doubles.
A Bigger Win: With the 10-3 win last night, it was the first time Nashville won by more than three runs since May 26 verus Round Rock. The seven runs tied for the largest margin of victory this season, matching May 8 at Oklahoma City. In the 19 games played in June, 14 of those games had a pitcher record a save from either the Sounds or their opponent. Thursday night's game broke a streak in which five-straight games had a save recorded, second to the season-long six-straight from May 28 to June 2. In the 22 games since May 28, 19 were decided by 3 runs or less. Overall, the Sounds are 21-23 in games decided by 3 runs or less.
What's the word around Nashville?
Ballpark Digest (@ballparkdigest)
Final Four time in the Ballpark Digest 2019 MiLB Triple-A #bestoftheballparks fan vote! We're asking you to choose between First Tennessee Park (@nashvillesounds home) and @thelvballpark (@AviatorsLV home). Every vote counts! To vote, go here: ballparkdigest.com/2019/06/20/its...
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
.@nashvillesounds at NOLA 1:00 G4 of 5G set. Pregame 12:45 incl. chat w/ OF Carlos Tocci, who went 4-for-5 last night, has reached in 20 straight.
????: 97.5-FM @iHeartRadio
????: @tunein app (search Nashville Sounds)
????: @MiLB First Pitch app
David Carpenter (@DCarpenter29)
Still waiting on â¦â¦@TwitterSupportâ© to release @DimTillard from @Twitter Prison.... and yes that's my jersey being used as a napkin #FreeDilly
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Redbirds Win Third-Straight in 8-2 Victory over Dodgers - Memphis Redbirds
- Dodgers score late, but suffer third straight loss - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Rally past Tacoma - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Miller Tags Two Triples, Rainiers Cough up Six-Run Advantage in Loss to El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Snap Losing Streak with 8-6 Win over Aces - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sacramento Hands Aviators Third Straight Loss - Las Vegas Aviators
- Isotopes Avoid Series Sweep, Win 8-6 - Reno Aces
- Sunday's Chasers-Missions Game Suspended - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Cap Comeback with 6-5 Win over Missions - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kieboom and Stevenson slam Grizzlies to 22-9 rout of Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Parker Homers in Sixth Consecutive Game - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Outshine Cubs in 8-3 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Shaw's clutch single propels River Cats to 4-3 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Evens Series - Iowa Cubs
- Missions-Storm Chasers Game Suspended - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds Let Lead Slip Away Late in New Orleans - Nashville Sounds
- Five-Run Eighth Caps 'Cakes Comeback - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (31-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-43) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Omaha Cazadores de Tormentas - San Antonio Missions
- Top Prospect Luzardo Shines, But Aviators Come up Short against River Cats - Las Vegas Aviators
- River Cats bullpen bounces back in 4-3 comeback win - Sacramento River Cats
- Late Rally for Bees Falls Short - Salt Lake Bees
- Slugfest in Salt Lake goes Fresno's way, 13-12 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Shutout Albuquerque for Third Consecutive Victory - Reno Aces
- Aces Shut out Isotopes, 1-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Group Outings for 2020 Season On-Sale Now
- Sounds to Host Texas Rangers Winter Caravan at Ole Smoky Distillery & Yee-Haw Brewing Co. at 6th and Peabody on January 29
- Nashville Sounds Foundation Now Accepting Applications for 2020 Scholarship Program
- Sounds Announce 2020 Coaching Staff
- Nashville Sounds Named Baseball America's Triple-A Freitas Award Winner