Round Rock Evens Series
DES MOINES, IA - The Round Rock Express (44-31) scored seven unanswered runs to down the Iowa Cubs (42-34) 8-3, Sunday at Principal Park.
Josh Rojas homered in the first inning for the second-consecutive game to give the out of towners the early lead.
Iowa got the bats going with back-to-back singles off the bats of Jim Adduci and Robel Garcia in the second. Taylor Davis took advantage as a bullet off the wall in right plated both runners and gave the I-Cubs the edge.
Donnie Dewees homered in the third to put Iowa up 3-1, but Round Rock rallied back to score six runs between the fourth and fifth frames to capture a decisive edge. The visitors added insurance on a Jack Mayfield RBI single in the eighth.
The Express out-hit the I-Cubs 12-9 in the victory. Taylor Jones led the charge with a 2-for-4 game and AJ Reed knocked in three.
Colin Rea (8-2) took the loss after allowing seven runs, four earned, through 4.2 innings with four walks and one strikeout. Iowa's bullpen held Round Rock to one run through 4.1 innings and has a 0.49 ERA (1ER/18.1IP) through the last five games.
- Jim Adduci extended his hitting streak to 19 games (.391, 29-for-74). It is tied for the longest streak in the PCL this season.
- Mark Zagunis went 1-for-4 and has reached safely in all 17 games with Iowa this season.
Iowa and Round play the rubber match of the series at 12:08 p.m. tomorrow at Principal Park. For more information and tickets, visit www.iowacubs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Redbirds Win Third-Straight in 8-2 Victory over Dodgers - Memphis Redbirds
- Dodgers score late, but suffer third straight loss - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Rally past Tacoma - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Miller Tags Two Triples, Rainiers Cough up Six-Run Advantage in Loss to El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Snap Losing Streak with 8-6 Win over Aces - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sacramento Hands Aviators Third Straight Loss - Las Vegas Aviators
- Isotopes Avoid Series Sweep, Win 8-6 - Reno Aces
- Sunday's Chasers-Missions Game Suspended - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Cap Comeback with 6-5 Win over Missions - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kieboom and Stevenson slam Grizzlies to 22-9 rout of Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Parker Homers in Sixth Consecutive Game - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Outshine Cubs in 8-3 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Shaw's clutch single propels River Cats to 4-3 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Evens Series - Iowa Cubs
- Missions-Storm Chasers Game Suspended - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds Let Lead Slip Away Late in New Orleans - Nashville Sounds
- Five-Run Eighth Caps 'Cakes Comeback - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (31-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-43) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Omaha Cazadores de Tormentas - San Antonio Missions
- Top Prospect Luzardo Shines, But Aviators Come up Short against River Cats - Las Vegas Aviators
- River Cats bullpen bounces back in 4-3 comeback win - Sacramento River Cats
- Late Rally for Bees Falls Short - Salt Lake Bees
- Slugfest in Salt Lake goes Fresno's way, 13-12 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Shutout Albuquerque for Third Consecutive Victory - Reno Aces
- Aces Shut out Isotopes, 1-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.