Parker Homers in Sixth Consecutive Game
The Fresno Grizzlies used two grand slams to defeat the Salt Lake Bees 22-9 on Sunday afternoon.
After a solo home run and a RBI-single put the Bees ahead 2-1 after four frames, the Grizzlies struck big in the fifth scoring seven runs on seven hits. Fresno started off the inning with a walk followed by three singles, which tied the game at 2-2 with the bases loaded. Carter Kieboom cleared the bases with a grand slam and the Grizzlies bats collected three more hits to bring in two more runs to take a 8-2 lead. In the seventh, Salt Lake allowed 10 more runs to cross the plate and surrendered another grand slam to go down 18-3.
Jose Rodriguez got the start for the Bees and went three and two-thirds innings, allowing one run on three hits while fanning five batters. Following Rodriguez was Alex Klonowski (0-4), who was charged with the loss after giving up 14 runs on 14 hits in two and two-thirds innings. Sam Freeman came in for two and two-thirds innings and allowed four runs to cross the plate. Finishing the game on the mound for Salt Lake was catcher Roberto Pena, who allowed the final three runs. The Salt Lake pitching staff gave up a season-high 22 runs and 24 hits. With the 24 hits allowed, Bees pitchers surrendered 20 or more hits in a single game twice this season. Highlighting the Bees offense was Taylor Ward and Jarrett Parker, who each collected a home run, for Parker it was his sixth consecutive game with a round-tripper.
The Bees and Grizzlies complete their season series tomorrow at 7:05 p.m. All Monday games are Smith's Family Night with four tickets and four hot dogs available for $24 on slbees.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Redbirds Win Third-Straight in 8-2 Victory over Dodgers - Memphis Redbirds
- Dodgers score late, but suffer third straight loss - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Rally past Tacoma - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Miller Tags Two Triples, Rainiers Cough up Six-Run Advantage in Loss to El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Isotopes Snap Losing Streak with 8-6 Win over Aces - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sacramento Hands Aviators Third Straight Loss - Las Vegas Aviators
- Isotopes Avoid Series Sweep, Win 8-6 - Reno Aces
- Sunday's Chasers-Missions Game Suspended - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chasers Cap Comeback with 6-5 Win over Missions - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Kieboom and Stevenson slam Grizzlies to 22-9 rout of Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Parker Homers in Sixth Consecutive Game - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Outshine Cubs in 8-3 Victory - Round Rock Express
- Shaw's clutch single propels River Cats to 4-3 win - Sacramento River Cats
- Round Rock Evens Series - Iowa Cubs
- Missions-Storm Chasers Game Suspended - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds Let Lead Slip Away Late in New Orleans - Nashville Sounds
- Five-Run Eighth Caps 'Cakes Comeback - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 23, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-34) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (31-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-43) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Omaha Cazadores de Tormentas - San Antonio Missions
- Top Prospect Luzardo Shines, But Aviators Come up Short against River Cats - Las Vegas Aviators
- River Cats bullpen bounces back in 4-3 comeback win - Sacramento River Cats
- Late Rally for Bees Falls Short - Salt Lake Bees
- Slugfest in Salt Lake goes Fresno's way, 13-12 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aces Shutout Albuquerque for Third Consecutive Victory - Reno Aces
- Aces Shut out Isotopes, 1-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ