Montreal Impact to Face York 9 FC in the Canadian Championship
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact will begin play in the 2019 Canadian Championship against York 9 FC on Wednesday, July 10, at York Lions Stadium, in North York, for the first leg in the quarter-final of the tournament. The Impact will then host the Canadian Premier League club on Wednesday, July 24, at Stade Saputo, at 7:30pm (TICKETS). This game is already included in the annual IMFC Membership.
Despite losing 1-0 Wednesday night in Edmonton, York 9 qualified for the next round by defeating FC Edmonton 3-2 on aggregate. In the previous round, Jim Brennan's men edged out AS Blainville 1-0 after a home-and-away series.
In other quarterfinal matchups, Cavalry FC will face the Vancouver Whitecaps FC, while the HFX Wanderers FC will take on the Ottawa Fury FC. The defending champion, Toronto FC, will face the winner of that series in the semi-final.
Last year, the Impact lost 2-1 after two legs against Vancouver. Montreal has won the tournament three times, in 2008, 2013 and 2014, while also lifting the Voyageurs Cup nine times. Their last championship allowed the club to reach the Concacaf Champions League final.
After the three-week international break, the Impact will return to action on Wednesday, June 26, at 7:30pm, to take on the Portland Timbers at Stade Saputo (TICKETS - TVA Sports, 98.5, TSN 690).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 13, 2019
- Atlanta United Wins 3-1 against Charleston Battery in Fourth Round of U.S. Open Cup - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy to Face Portland Timbers in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Hosts New Mexico United in Round of 16 of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
- Montreal Impact to Face York 9 FC in the Canadian Championship - Montreal Impact
- Revolution to Face Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Continue Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title Defense against Minnesota United in Round of 16 on June 18 - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Draws Saint Louis FC in U.S. Open Cup Fifth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 Match on Tuesday, June 18 - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes to Face LAFC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on June 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC to Face Houston Dynamo in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play NYCFC on June 19 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- BBVA Compass Stadium Renamed BBVA Stadium with Ceremonial Logo Unveiling - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers to Host LA Galaxy in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday, June 19 - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City to Host New England in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Launch Summer of Soccer Brand Campaign - MLS
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Orange County FC 0 - Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Eliminated from 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 2-1 Loss to Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win against Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Advances to Round 16 of With 4-1 Open Cup Win - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Montreal Impact Foundation Donates Multisport Mini-Field to Parc Joe-Beef
- Orji Okwonkwo Named Impact Most Valuable Player
- Montreal Impact's Possible Opponents in CONCACAF Champions League Are Known
- Impact Shuts out New York Red Bulls 3-0
- Impact Hosts New York Red Bulls on Fan Appreciation Day