Timbers to Host LA Galaxy in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday, June 19
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers will play host to the LA Galaxy in the Round of 16 of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at Providence Park on Wednesday, June 19, at 8 p.m. (Pacific), it was determined today as regions, pairings and host scenarios for the fifth round of the tournament were announced by U.S. Soccer.
Individual tickets for the June 19 U.S. Open Cup match at Providence Park are on sale now and are available for purchase online at www.timbers.com, by calling (888) 736-6849 and at the Providence Park box office. The stadium box office is open Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Pacific), Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Pacific) and will be closed on Sunday-Tuesday, unless it is a matchday at Providence Park.
Tickets for the U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 match are included as part of Timbers Annual Memberships, with tickets available now through each member's SeatGeek account.
Additionally, Wednesday's U.S. Open Cup match will be the first game of the season to feature the team's new Park Pricing menu, presented by Coors Light. New for 2019, the Timbers are offering $2 hot dogs, $2 nachos and $5, 16-ounce cans of Coors Light throughout the stadium for midweek home games, including four regularly scheduled Wednesday and Thursday league games at Providence Park (July 18, Aug. 14, Sept. 18, Sept. 25).
The Timbers advanced to the Round of 16 for the sixth time in the last seven seasons with a 2-1 victory over Seattle Sounders FC at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, Wash., on Wednesday. With the win, Portland has posted a 10-7 record in the U.S. Open Cup since joining MLS in 2011, including the team's deepest run in the annual competition in 2013, reaching the semifinals against Real Salt Lake. The June 19 match will mark the third meeting between the Timbers and LA Galaxy in U.S. Open Cup play, with the sides last meeting in the Round of 16 at Providence Park on June 15, 2018, as Portland earned a 1-0 win.
The LA Galaxy advanced to the Round of 16 after recording a 3-0 win over Orange County FC on Wednesday. The June 19 match will mark the second contest across all competitions between the Timbers and the Galaxy in 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 13, 2019
- Atlanta United Wins 3-1 against Charleston Battery in Fourth Round of U.S. Open Cup - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy to Face Portland Timbers in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Hosts New Mexico United in Round of 16 of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
- Montreal Impact to Face York 9 FC in the Canadian Championship - Montreal Impact
- Revolution to Face Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Continue Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title Defense against Minnesota United in Round of 16 on June 18 - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Draws Saint Louis FC in U.S. Open Cup Fifth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 Match on Tuesday, June 18 - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes to Face LAFC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on June 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC to Face Houston Dynamo in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play NYCFC on June 19 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- BBVA Compass Stadium Renamed BBVA Stadium with Ceremonial Logo Unveiling - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers to Host LA Galaxy in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday, June 19 - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City to Host New England in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Launch Summer of Soccer Brand Campaign - MLS
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Orange County FC 0 - Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Eliminated from 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 2-1 Loss to Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win against Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Advances to Round 16 of With 4-1 Open Cup Win - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Finalize Purchase of Argentinian Midfielder TomÃs Conechny
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win on the Road against Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers, Orlando City SC Play to 1-1 Draw at Providence Park
- Timbers, Thorns FC, T2 Team up with Local Partners to Present Eighth-Annual Stand Together Week July 28-August 3
- Timbers Weekly Update: July 16, 2019