LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) will host the San Jose Earthquakes in the Round of 16 of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20 at Banc of California Stadium. The match, which will be streamed live on ESPN+, is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. PT.
Tickets are now on sale to the general public. All tickets are General Admission, with North End Supporters Section on sale for $10 and the East Side of the Stadium available to LAFC Season Members for $30 and to the general public for $40.
LAFC Season Members will receive an email with ticket discount information, while the general public can purchase tickets starting at $40 in the East Side of the Stadium here.
The Black & Gold advanced past the Fourth Round of the tournament following a 3-0 victory over Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium on Tuesday night. MLS MVP candidate Carlos Vela started the scoring for LAFC in the 8th minute off a beautiful pass from Eduard Atuesta. Midfielder Lee Nguyen and forward Adama Diomande added second half goals to help LAFC to its fourth Open Cup win in Club history.
Meanwhile, the Earthquakes defeated USL Championship side Sacramento Republic FC 4-3 on Tuesday evening at Avaya Stadium to advance to the Round of 16. Next week's matchup will mark the second meeting of the year between LAFC and San Jose. On March 30, the Black & Gold earned a 5-0 victory over the Quakes at Avaya Stadium behind Vela's first-ever hat-trick in MLS.
The winner of Thursday's contest will then host the Quarterfinals match against the winner of the Portland Timbers and LA Galaxy.
In its 106th year, the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, U.S. Soccer's National Championship, is the only high-profile competition in American team sports where amateur sides have the opportunity to face professionals in meaningful competition. The tournament is conducted on a single-game, knockout basis and open to all professional and amateur teams affiliated with U.S. Soccer and has crowned a champion annually since 1914. In 1999, the competition was renamed to honor United States soccer pioneer Lamar Hunt.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 13, 2019
- Atlanta United Wins 3-1 against Charleston Battery in Fourth Round of U.S. Open Cup - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy to Face Portland Timbers in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Hosts New Mexico United in Round of 16 of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
- Montreal Impact to Face York 9 FC in the Canadian Championship - Montreal Impact
- Revolution to Face Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Continue Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title Defense against Minnesota United in Round of 16 on June 18 - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Draws Saint Louis FC in U.S. Open Cup Fifth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 Match on Tuesday, June 18 - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes to Face LAFC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on June 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC to Face Houston Dynamo in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play NYCFC on June 19 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- BBVA Compass Stadium Renamed BBVA Stadium with Ceremonial Logo Unveiling - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers to Host LA Galaxy in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday, June 19 - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City to Host New England in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Launch Summer of Soccer Brand Campaign - MLS
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Orange County FC 0 - Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Eliminated from 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 2-1 Loss to Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win against Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Advances to Round 16 of With 4-1 Open Cup Win - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to Host Playoff Rally on Sunday Afternoon
- LAFC Joins EMLS Ahead of 2020 Season
- Four LAFC Members Named Finalists for MLS End-Of-Year Awards
- LAFC Launches 'For Los Angeles' as Team Prepares for Playoffs
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA Sports