Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Launch Summer of Soccer Brand Campaign
June 13, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer and The Home Depot today unveiled their collaborative summer brand campaign, highlighting the league's multi-cultural stars and the home improvement company's home appliance product innovation from LG Electronics. The launch of the digital campaign coincides with the announcement of The Home Depot's multi-year partnership extension with the league. The new agreement runs through the end of the 2022 season.
Among the stars of MLS featured in new spots for The Home Depot's line of products are 2017 MLS MVP Diego Valeri of the Portland Timbers; Diego Rossi, the 21-year-old star of LAFC and the Uruguayan National Team; Chicago Fire and German National Team icon Bastian Schweinsteiger; and 22-year-old Daniel Salloi, the standout striker for Sporting Kansas City.
"The Home Depot's 'Summer of Soccer' brand campaign is a great example of how The Home Depot authentically incorporates MLS stars into their marketing to provide fun and immersive experiences, like tailgate parties, to fans," said Jen Cramer, MLS Senior Vice President of Partnership Marketing. "The Home Depot has been a long-term and valued partner of MLS. We are delighted to expand our partnership and look forward to working with them for many years to come."
Among other popular MLS players featured in the campaign are Dom Dwyer (Orlando City FC), Brad Guzan (Atlanta United), Danny Hoesen (San Jose Earthquakes), and Adama Diomande (LAFC).
"Through this partnership, we've had the opportunity to host millions of soccer fans at tailgates and experiential events. We look forward to continuing to engage with this fan base," said Drew Keenan, Sr. Director of Media Planning and Buying at The Home Depot.
The Home Depot has been a partner of the Mexican Men's National Team since 2003 and MLS since 2008. As part of the renewal, The Home Depot is the exclusive home improvement retailer of the MLS and the Mexican National Team and it has expanded rights as a 2019 partner of Campeones Cup. The Home Depot is also a sponsor of its hometown team Atlanta United FC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 13, 2019
- Atlanta United Wins 3-1 against Charleston Battery in Fourth Round of U.S. Open Cup - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy to Face Portland Timbers in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Hosts New Mexico United in Round of 16 of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
- Montreal Impact to Face York 9 FC in the Canadian Championship - Montreal Impact
- Revolution to Face Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Continue Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title Defense against Minnesota United in Round of 16 on June 18 - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Draws Saint Louis FC in U.S. Open Cup Fifth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 Match on Tuesday, June 18 - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes to Face LAFC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on June 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC to Face Houston Dynamo in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play NYCFC on June 19 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- BBVA Compass Stadium Renamed BBVA Stadium with Ceremonial Logo Unveiling - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers to Host LA Galaxy in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday, June 19 - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City to Host New England in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Launch Summer of Soccer Brand Campaign - MLS
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Orange County FC 0 - Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Eliminated from 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 2-1 Loss to Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win against Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Advances to Round 16 of With 4-1 Open Cup Win - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.