FC Cincinnati Draws Saint Louis FC in U.S. Open Cup Fifth Round
CINCINNATI - After advancing out of the fourth round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup last night with an extra-time win over Louisville City FC, FC Cincinnati will now face another USL Championship team - Saint Louis FC - on the road in the fifth round next Wednesday, June 19.
The game will kick off at 8:30 p.m.ET (7:30 p.m. CT) at World Wide Technology Soccer Park in Fenton, Mo., and be streamed live on ESPN+. Ticket information can be found at saintlouisfc.com.
U.S. Soccer conducted the draw live at its Chicago headquarters earlier today via its @OpenCup Twitter account.
FCC topped USL Championship side Louisville City FC, 2-1, in extra time at Nippert Stadium behind goals from Fanendo Adi and Kekuta Manneh. Saint Louis FC earned its Round of 16 berth with a 2-1 home win over MLS' Chicago Fire on Tuesday night.
Following the Fifth Round, the winner of the Saint Louis-Cincinnati game will travel to face the winner of the Columbus Crew vs. Atlanta United FC/Charleston Battery game in the quarterfinal round. (The Charleston-Atlanta fourth-round game was abandoned on Tuesday night because of unplayable field conditions, and then postponed because of unavailable fields in Charleston. The game will now be played tonight in Kennesaw, Ga., and the winner will advance and face the Crew on the road next week.)
The remaining tournament bracket can be found here. After the quarterfinals are completed, U.S. Soccer will conduct a draw to determine the hosts for the semifinal round. The East and Mideast winners will meet in the semifinals, as will the Midwest and West winners.
Next Wednesday's game will be the sixth meeting between Saint Louis FC and FC Cincinnati, as the Orange and Blue hold a 4-0-1 record against STLFC, all coming in USL regular-season play in 2016 and 2017.
FC Cincinnati is 8-2-2 all-time in the U.S. Open Cup. In 2017, FC Cincinnati advanced to the semifinals, falling in extra time to the New York Red Bulls in front of a then sell-out crowd of 33,250 fans at Nippert Stadium.
FCC return to Nippert Stadium on Saturday, June 22, when the team hosts LA Galaxy. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. The match will be televised locally on WSTR Star64, streamed regionally on FloFC, out of market on ESPN+ and carried on the radio on WDJO, while an audio stream will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com. Tickets for the game are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK). Pick-Six mini plans, and individual-game tickets and group options are on sale for all remaining games.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 13, 2019
- Atlanta United Wins 3-1 against Charleston Battery in Fourth Round of U.S. Open Cup - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy to Face Portland Timbers in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Hosts New Mexico United in Round of 16 of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
- Montreal Impact to Face York 9 FC in the Canadian Championship - Montreal Impact
- Revolution to Face Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Continue Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title Defense against Minnesota United in Round of 16 on June 18 - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Draws Saint Louis FC in U.S. Open Cup Fifth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 Match on Tuesday, June 18 - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes to Face LAFC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on June 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC to Face Houston Dynamo in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play NYCFC on June 19 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- BBVA Compass Stadium Renamed BBVA Stadium with Ceremonial Logo Unveiling - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers to Host LA Galaxy in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday, June 19 - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City to Host New England in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Launch Summer of Soccer Brand Campaign - MLS
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Orange County FC 0 - Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Eliminated from 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 2-1 Loss to Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win against Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Advances to Round 16 of With 4-1 Open Cup Win - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 14, 2019
- "Spend to Save" at FC Cincinnati Shop this week
- FC Cincinnati to Hold Warehouse Sale Next Week
- Bertone, Tyton nominated for MLSsoccer.com's Goal and Save of the Year
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2020 Season