Orlando City to Host New England in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC will continue its pursuit of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup trophy in the Round of 16 against the New England Revolution. The match will take place on Wednesday, June 19, with kickoff set for 7:30 p.m. ET at Exploria Stadium.
Season ticket members will receive priority access to purchase tickets starting at 10 a.m. ET on Friday, June 14. Tickets, which will be available in the East sideline and Supporters sections, will go on sale to the general public later that same day at 2 p.m. ET. Tickets to the Round of 16 match will be available for $10 to 2019 season ticket members and $15 for the general public. Season ticket members will receive an email with ticketing information, while the general public can purchase at the link here.
Wednesday's match, along with all 2019 U.S. Open Cup games, will be available to stream live on ESPN+.
The Lions enter the Round of 16 following a 3-1 victory over Memphis 901 FC of USL Championship in the Fourth Round. City opened the scoring in the 38th minute, with Sacha Kljestan converting from the penalty spot to give the Lions a 1-0 advantage. Memphis responded in the 50th minute to level the two sides, but City answered with another goal from Kljestan in the 55th and a finish from Robin Jansson in the 71st to punch its ticket to the next round of the win-or-go-home tournament.
New England comes into Wednesday's contest following a thrilling 3-2 victory over the New York Red Bulls in its Fourth Round matchup. The Revs started the scoring in the opening minute with a goal from Juan Agudelo, but the Red Bulls scored two unanswered from Tom Barlow in the 19th minute and Cristian Casseres in the 54th. The visiting Revolution battled back with Teal Bunbury finding the back of the net in the 85th minute to level the two sides. Bunbury secured a brace on the night, scoring the game-winner in extra time to advance the Revolution to the Round of 16.
A win on Wednesday would advance City to the Quarterfinals, matching its best finish in the nation's oldest cup competition in the Club's five-year history, having reached the Quarterfinal round in both 2015 and 2018. The Lions would host the Quarterfinals for the first time in their history if they were to advance, set to face the winner of D.C. United and NYCFC on July 10.
2019 marks the 106th edition of the U.S. Soccer Lamar Hunt Open Cup, the country's oldest cup competition and U.S. Soccer's National Championship. The 2019 U.S. Open Cup winner will earn $300,000 in prize money, a berth in the 2020 CONCACAF Champions League and have its name engraved on the Dewar Challenge Trophy - one of the oldest nationally-contested trophies in American team sports - now on display at the National Soccer Hall of Fame in Frisco, Texas. The runner-up will earn $100,000, while the team that advances the furthest from each lower division will take home a $25,000 cash prize.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 13, 2019
- Atlanta United Wins 3-1 against Charleston Battery in Fourth Round of U.S. Open Cup - Atlanta United FC
- LA Galaxy to Face Portland Timbers in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Hosts New Mexico United in Round of 16 of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
- Montreal Impact to Face York 9 FC in the Canadian Championship - Montreal Impact
- Revolution to Face Orlando City SC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - New England Revolution
- Dynamo Continue Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title Defense against Minnesota United in Round of 16 on June 18 - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Draws Saint Louis FC in U.S. Open Cup Fifth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Latin Music Superstar Prince Royce to Headline MLS All-Star Concert Presented by Target - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 Match on Tuesday, June 18 - Columbus Crew SC
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes to Face LAFC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on June 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC to Face Houston Dynamo in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United to Play NYCFC on June 19 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- BBVA Compass Stadium Renamed BBVA Stadium with Ceremonial Logo Unveiling - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers to Host LA Galaxy in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday, June 19 - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City to Host New England in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 - Orlando City SC
- Major League Soccer and the Home Depot Launch Summer of Soccer Brand Campaign - MLS
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Orange County FC 0 - Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Eliminated from 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 2-1 Loss to Portland - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Register 2-1 Win against Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Advances to Round 16 of With 4-1 Open Cup Win - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Announces 2020 Preseason Schedule
- Pressure Hardened Gallese Ready to Make MLS Impact
- Orlando City SC Acquires Peruvian Goalkeeper Pedro Gallese
- Orlando City SC Unveils Official Training Ground at Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Orlando City SC Selects Defender Nick O'Callaghan in Third Round of 2020 MLS SuperDraft