Monarchs Win, 3-1, against Royals on CHaD Night
MANCHESTER, N.H.- The Manchester Monarchs battled past the Reading Royals, 3-1, Friday night at SNHU Arena.
Charles Williams' strong performance in net helped the Monarchs (18-16-1-1) pull within one point of fourth place, by defeating the Reading Royals (17-10-3-5), 3-1.
Manchester opened the scoring a little over halfway through the first period, at 10:55, when Joe Sullivan scored his fifth of the season after wrapping around the net and sending a rocket of a shot, top shelf over Royals goaltender Callum Booth's left shoulder, giving the Monarchs a 1-0 lead.
Tony Cameranesi followed it up with his ninth of the season at 18:56 of the first period. Stealing the puck from a Reading defender, Cameranesi went on a breakaway and backhanded the puck over the right pad of Booth, to give the Monarchs a 2-0 lead.
Travis Walsh netted the third goal of the game, first on the power play, at 4:50 of the third period, scoring his third goal of the season. Walsh took a shot from the top of the left circle, beating Booth over his shoulder, to make the score, 3-0.
The Royals broke through at 12:45 of the third period on the 10th goal of the season by Frankie DiChiara. With the Monarchs on the penalty kill, Kevin Goumas sent a pass to DiChiara at the far-right circle, where he one-timed a shot past Williams, to make the score, 3-1.
The Monarchs return to action Sunday, Jan. 13 at 3 p.m., when they take on the Worcester Railers at the DCU Center. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 11, 2019
- Fuel Suffer Overtime Loss in Wild Affair with Komets - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Dominate Rush to Start Long Road Trip - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Win Thriller against Cincy, 7-6 in OT - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Overcome Deficit Late, Fall in Overtime in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- High Five: 'Blades Shut out Swamp Rabbits, 5-0 - Florida Everblades
- 'Blades Vanquish Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Bligh Stings Former Squad with OT Winner in South Carolina - Atlanta Gladiators
- Comeback Bid Falls Short as Orlando Edges Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Gladiators Surge Past Stingrays in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gardiner Records Gordie Howe Hat Trick But K-Wings Fall in Shootout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Monarchs Win, 3-1, against Royals on CHaD Night - Manchester Monarchs
- Nailers Fall to First-Place Grizzlies - Wheeling Nailers
- DiChiara Scores, Royals Drop, 3-1, at Manchester - Reading Royals
- Power and O'Brien Push Growlers Past Thunder - Newfoundland Growlers
- Adirondack Can't Complete Comeback After Digging Big Hole - Adirondack Thunder
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville in Second Tilt of Three-Game Set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 11 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies in Wheeling Tonight - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Closes Road Trip Tonight in Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 11, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Officials Named for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Nailers vs. Grizzlies Game Day Snap Shot, January 11 - Wheeling Nailers
- Bajkov Recalled to AHL Springfield by Florida Panthers - Florida Everblades
- Game Day: Royals Defense Looks for Continued Mastery at Manchester - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Home Portion of 2019 Kicks off Friday Night vs. Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.