Monarchs Win, 3-1, against Royals on CHaD Night
MANCHESTER, N.H.- The Manchester Monarchs battled past the Reading Royals, 3-1, Friday night at SNHU Arena.
Charles Williams' strong performance in net helped the Monarchs (18-16-1-1) pull within one point of fourth place, by defeating the Reading Royals (17-10-3-5), 3-1.
Manchester opened the scoring a little over halfway through the first period, at 10:55, when Joe Sullivan scored his fifth of the season after wrapping around the net and sending a rocket of a shot, top shelf over Royals goaltender Callum Booth's left shoulder, giving the Monarchs a 1-0 lead.
Tony Cameranesi followed it up with his ninth of the season at 18:56 of the first period. Stealing the puck from a Reading defender, Cameranesi went on a breakaway and backhanded the puck over the right pad of Booth, to give the Monarchs a 2-0 lead.
Travis Walsh netted the third goal of the game, first on the power play, at 4:50 of the third period, scoring his third goal of the season. Walsh took a shot from the top of the left circle, beating Booth over his shoulder, to make the score, 3-0.
The Royals broke through at 12:45 of the third period on the 10th goal of the season by Frankie DiChiara. With the Monarchs on the penalty kill, Kevin Goumas sent a pass to DiChiara at the far-right circle, where he one-timed a shot past Williams, to make the score, 3-1.
The Monarchs return to action Sunday, Jan. 13 at 3 p.m., when they take on the Worcester Railers at the DCU Center. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 11, 2019
- Fuel Suffer Overtime Loss in Wild Affair with Komets - Indy Fuel
- Oilers Dominate Rush to Start Long Road Trip - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Win Thriller against Cincy, 7-6 in OT - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Overcome Deficit Late, Fall in Overtime in Weekend Opener - Cincinnati Cyclones
- High Five: 'Blades Shut out Swamp Rabbits, 5-0 - Florida Everblades
- 'Blades Vanquish Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Bligh Stings Former Squad with OT Winner in South Carolina - Atlanta Gladiators
- Comeback Bid Falls Short as Orlando Edges Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Gladiators Surge Past Stingrays in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gardiner Records Gordie Howe Hat Trick But K-Wings Fall in Shootout - Kalamazoo Wings
- Monarchs Win, 3-1, against Royals on CHaD Night - Manchester Monarchs
- Nailers Fall to First-Place Grizzlies - Wheeling Nailers
- DiChiara Scores, Royals Drop, 3-1, at Manchester - Reading Royals
- Power and O'Brien Push Growlers Past Thunder - Newfoundland Growlers
- Adirondack Can't Complete Comeback After Digging Big Hole - Adirondack Thunder
- Preview: Everblades Face Greenville in Second Tilt of Three-Game Set - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - January 11 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kansas City - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Grizzlies in Wheeling Tonight - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Closes Road Trip Tonight in Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 11, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Officials Named for 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic - ECHL
- Nailers vs. Grizzlies Game Day Snap Shot, January 11 - Wheeling Nailers
- Bajkov Recalled to AHL Springfield by Florida Panthers - Florida Everblades
- Game Day: Royals Defense Looks for Continued Mastery at Manchester - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Home Portion of 2019 Kicks off Friday Night vs. Brampton - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Monarchs Drop Final Game in Florida, 8-2
- Monarchs Pour on Four Second-Period Goals in 4-3 Win
- Monarchs Fall in the Swamp, 6-3, against the Everblades
- Monarchs Drop First Game of Florida Trip, 5-2, to Jacksonville
- Monarchs Fall One Game Short of Sweep in 7-3 Loss to Swamp Rabbits