Monarchs Power Past Cyclones on Pink in the Rink, 4-3
MANCHESTER, N.H. - David Kolomatis was the hero for a second night in a row, scoring the game-winning goal for the Manchester Monarchs to beat the Cincinnati Cyclones, 4-3, on Saturday night at SNHU Arena.
The Monarchs (26-20-1-1) won their second straight game by a score of 4-3, defeating the Cyclones (31-9-3-3).
The Monarchs opened the scoring at 1:46 of the first period when Tony Cameranesi netted his 13th goal of the season. Cameranesi picked up a pass from the back of the net and sent a wrap-around past Cyclones goaltender, Michael Houser's stick, to make the score, 1-0.
The Monarchs extended their lead at 4:26 of the first period when Travis Walsh scored his 4th goal of the season. Receiving a pass from Daniil Miromanov, Walsh let a wrister past Houser from the right point, to make the score, 2-0.
The Cyclones cut the deficit in half at 11:58 of the first period when Myles Powell netted his 18th goal of the season. Brady Vail took a shot in the low slot, and Powell picked up the rebound deep in the paint behind Monarchs goaltender Charles Williams, to make the score, 2-1.
The Cyclones tied the game at 12:47 of the second period when Alex Wideman scored his 17th goal of the season. Wideman picked the puck up behind the net after a turnover and turned into the right circle for a wrist shot, over the glove of Williams, to make the score, 2-2.
The Monarchs regained the lead when Tony Cameranesi netted his 2nd goal of the game, 14th goal of the season, at 12:55 of the second period. Walsh sent Cameranesi a breakaway pass where he sent a shot over the glove of Houser, to make the score, 3-2.
The Cyclones tied the game at 13:05 with a goal from Eric Knodel, his 10th of the season. Pascal Aquin found Knodel in the slot for a one-timer, low stick side on Williams, to make the score, 3-3.
David Kolomatis scored the game-winning goal for the Monarchs at 18:05 of the third period, netting his 10th goal of the season. Kolomatis let a wrist shot go from the right point that went past a screened Houser, to make the final score, 4-3.
The Monarchs return to action Sunday, February 10 at 3 p.m., when they take on the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at SNHU Arena. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 9, 2019
- Mavs Win in Thrilling OT Comeback over Kalamazoo, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Fall Just Short in 4-2 Loss to Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Thompson Scores to Give Solar Bears 3-2 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Collect Point But See Win-Streak Snapped Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Skate Past 'Blades in Series Finale - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Drop Back-And-Forth Affair in Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Royals Draw 4,905 on Pink in the Rink Night vs. Brampton - Reading Royals
- MacDonald's Three Points Push Gladiators Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Tyler Barnes Extends Goal Scoring Streak to Six Games in 5-1 Home Loss to Wheeling - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Top Everblades 4-1 to Take Week-Long Series - Adirondack Thunder
- Record Point Streak Moves to 13 in 4-1 Road Victory in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Overcome Two Deficits But Fall in Manchester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Ruby Delivers a Gem to End Wheeling's Skid - Wheeling Nailers
- Swamp Rabbits Run Rampant in Maine - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Power Past Cyclones on Pink in the Rink, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Swamped by Rabbits - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Fall in Overtime to the Komets - Newfoundland Growlers
- Branden Komm Returned on Loan from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Two Called up to AHL; Pu Assigned from Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 9 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Gladiators at Admirals, February 9, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Everblades Square off with Adirondack on Pink in the Rink Night - Florida Everblades
- Round Two Tonight in the Black Hills vs. Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Manchester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, February 9 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: K-Wings Head to Kc Looking to Extend Win-Streak - Kalamazoo Wings
- Redmond Recalled to San Diego Gulls - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Pink in the Rink, Royals Jockey with Beast - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-3 Utah Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 4-3, Take First Place in Division - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edge Wichita Late for Win - Rapid City Rush
- Special Teams Lift Thunder to 3-1 Win over 'Blades - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Manchester Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $7,500 to Elliot Hospital
- Monarchs Rack up Seven Goals on Railers in 7-4 Win
- Railers Gain Two Points on the Monarchs in 5-2 Victory
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center
- Monarchs Comeback against Admirals with 3-2 Overtime Victory