Monarchs Power Past Cyclones on Pink in the Rink, 4-3
MANCHESTER, N.H. - David Kolomatis was the hero for a second night in a row, scoring the game-winning goal for the Manchester Monarchs to beat the Cincinnati Cyclones, 4-3, on Saturday night at SNHU Arena.
The Monarchs (26-20-1-1) won their second straight game by a score of 4-3, defeating the Cyclones (31-9-3-3).
The Monarchs opened the scoring at 1:46 of the first period when Tony Cameranesi netted his 13th goal of the season. Cameranesi picked up a pass from the back of the net and sent a wrap-around past Cyclones goaltender, Michael Houser's stick, to make the score, 1-0.
The Monarchs extended their lead at 4:26 of the first period when Travis Walsh scored his 4th goal of the season. Receiving a pass from Daniil Miromanov, Walsh let a wrister past Houser from the right point, to make the score, 2-0.
The Cyclones cut the deficit in half at 11:58 of the first period when Myles Powell netted his 18th goal of the season. Brady Vail took a shot in the low slot, and Powell picked up the rebound deep in the paint behind Monarchs goaltender Charles Williams, to make the score, 2-1.
The Cyclones tied the game at 12:47 of the second period when Alex Wideman scored his 17th goal of the season. Wideman picked the puck up behind the net after a turnover and turned into the right circle for a wrist shot, over the glove of Williams, to make the score, 2-2.
The Monarchs regained the lead when Tony Cameranesi netted his 2nd goal of the game, 14th goal of the season, at 12:55 of the second period. Walsh sent Cameranesi a breakaway pass where he sent a shot over the glove of Houser, to make the score, 3-2.
The Cyclones tied the game at 13:05 with a goal from Eric Knodel, his 10th of the season. Pascal Aquin found Knodel in the slot for a one-timer, low stick side on Williams, to make the score, 3-3.
David Kolomatis scored the game-winning goal for the Monarchs at 18:05 of the third period, netting his 10th goal of the season. Kolomatis let a wrist shot go from the right point that went past a screened Houser, to make the final score, 4-3.
The Monarchs return to action Sunday, February 10 at 3 p.m., when they take on the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at SNHU Arena. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 9, 2019
- Mavs Win in Thrilling OT Comeback over Kalamazoo, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Fall Just Short in 4-2 Loss to Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Thompson Scores to Give Solar Bears 3-2 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Collect Point But See Win-Streak Snapped Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Skate Past 'Blades in Series Finale - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Drop Back-And-Forth Affair in Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Royals Draw 4,905 on Pink in the Rink Night vs. Brampton - Reading Royals
- MacDonald's Three Points Push Gladiators Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Tyler Barnes Extends Goal Scoring Streak to Six Games in 5-1 Home Loss to Wheeling - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Top Everblades 4-1 to Take Week-Long Series - Adirondack Thunder
- Record Point Streak Moves to 13 in 4-1 Road Victory in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Overcome Two Deficits But Fall in Manchester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Ruby Delivers a Gem to End Wheeling's Skid - Wheeling Nailers
- Swamp Rabbits Run Rampant in Maine - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Power Past Cyclones on Pink in the Rink, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Swamped by Rabbits - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Fall in Overtime to the Komets - Newfoundland Growlers
- Branden Komm Returned on Loan from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Two Called up to AHL; Pu Assigned from Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 9 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Gladiators at Admirals, February 9, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Everblades Square off with Adirondack on Pink in the Rink Night - Florida Everblades
- Round Two Tonight in the Black Hills vs. Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Manchester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, February 9 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: K-Wings Head to Kc Looking to Extend Win-Streak - Kalamazoo Wings
- Redmond Recalled to San Diego Gulls - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Pink in the Rink, Royals Jockey with Beast - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-3 Utah Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 4-3, Take First Place in Division - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edge Wichita Late for Win - Rapid City Rush
- Special Teams Lift Thunder to 3-1 Win over 'Blades - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.