Two Called up to AHL; Pu Assigned from Charlotte
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades announced on Saturday a trio of transactions that included a swap of forwards with the American Hockey League's Charlotte Checkers and the loan of defenseman Logan Roe to the AHL's Manitoba Moose.
In addition to Roe's first AHL call-up of the season, Steven Lorentz was recalled to Charlotte by the Carolina Hurricanes, while Carolina assigned forward Cliff Pu to the Everblades from the Checkers.
A rookie from Richmond Hill, Ontario, Pu is set to make his ECHL debut on Saturday night with Florida. He has registered six points (1g-5a) in 42 games with the Checkers this season. Prior to turning pro, Pu played five seasons in the Ontario Hockey League and notched 210 career points (80g-130a) in 232 games. The 6-foot-2, 191-pound right winger split last season between the London Knights and the Kingston Frontenacs, where he played with Everblades goaltender Jeremy Helvig.
Roe, 27, has played in three career games in the AHL, all three of which came with the Springfield Falcons in the 2015-16 season. The Fort Myers, Florida, native has suited up in 227 career games for the Everblades over the last four seasons and has tabbed 80 career points (15g-65a). The reigning ECHL Plus Performer of the Year, Roe is currently second in the ECHL with a plus-minus rating of +37.
Lorentz tabbed two points (1g-1a) in his two-game stint with the Everblades. He has 23 points (9g-14a) in 19 total games for the 'Blades this season. The Waterloo, Ontario, native has registered two points (1g-1a) in 13 games with Charlotte this season, with this call-up marking his third stint with the Checkers this season.
Florida wraps up a three-game series with the Adirondack Thunder on Saturday night, which is Pink in the Rink presented by Radiology Regional Center.
Single-game tickets for all regular season home games start at just $10!
Kelly Cup Playoff packages and 2019-20 season ticket packages are on sale now! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades tote bag!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 9, 2019
- Mavs Win in Thrilling OT Comeback over Kalamazoo, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Steelheads Fall Just Short in 4-2 Loss to Grizzlies - Idaho Steelheads
- Thompson Scores to Give Solar Bears 3-2 OT Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Collect Point But See Win-Streak Snapped Saturday Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Skate Past 'Blades in Series Finale - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Drop Back-And-Forth Affair in Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Royals Draw 4,905 on Pink in the Rink Night vs. Brampton - Reading Royals
- MacDonald's Three Points Push Gladiators Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Tyler Barnes Extends Goal Scoring Streak to Six Games in 5-1 Home Loss to Wheeling - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Top Everblades 4-1 to Take Week-Long Series - Adirondack Thunder
- Record Point Streak Moves to 13 in 4-1 Road Victory in Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Overcome Two Deficits But Fall in Manchester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Ruby Delivers a Gem to End Wheeling's Skid - Wheeling Nailers
- Swamp Rabbits Run Rampant in Maine - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Power Past Cyclones on Pink in the Rink, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Mariners Swamped by Rabbits - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Fall in Overtime to the Komets - Newfoundland Growlers
- Branden Komm Returned on Loan from Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Two Called up to AHL; Pu Assigned from Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 9 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Gladiators at Admirals, February 9, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Preview: Everblades Square off with Adirondack on Pink in the Rink Night - Florida Everblades
- Round Two Tonight in the Black Hills vs. Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Manchester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Railers Game Day Snap Shot, February 9 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: K-Wings Head to Kc Looking to Extend Win-Streak - Kalamazoo Wings
- Redmond Recalled to San Diego Gulls - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Pink in the Rink, Royals Jockey with Beast - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 4-3 Utah Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Win 4-3, Take First Place in Division - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Edge Wichita Late for Win - Rapid City Rush
- Special Teams Lift Thunder to 3-1 Win over 'Blades - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Defenseman Fortunato Assigned to Florida by NHL's Predators
- 'Blades Weekly: One Sweep Down; Home Opener on the Horizon
- Two for Tanner: Jeannot's Two Strikes Help 'Blades Sweep Norfolk
- Opening Statement: 'Blades Top Admirals 4-3 to Pick up First Win
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster