Minnesota Recalls Czuczman, Reassigns Addison to Iowa
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has recalled defenseman Kevin Czuczman (CHUHRCH-man) from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) and reassigned defenseman Calen Addison to Iowa.
Czuczman, 30 (1/9/91), owns one assist and 11 penalty minutes (PIM) in 16 games with Iowa this season. The 6-foot-3, 195-pound native of London, Ontario, spent a majority of the 2020-21 season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (AHL) and recorded four assists and 45 shots in 28 games. He also played in two games with Pittsburgh last season. The left-shot blueliner owns 125 points (24-101=125), 338 PIM and 768 shots on goal in 418 career AHL games with Bridgeport (2014-16), Manitoba (2016-17), Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (2017-21) and Iowa. Czuczman was originally signed as a free agent by the New York Islanders on Mar. 11, 2014. He made his NHL debut on Mar. 18, 2014 vs. the Wild and owns two assists in 15 career NHL games with the Islanders (2013-14) and Penguins (2020-21). Minnesota signed Czuczman to a one-year, two-way contract on Jul. 29, 2021. He will wear sweater No. 42 with the Wild.
Addison, 21 (4/11/00), has recorded six assists, 28 shots on goal and a plus-4 rating in 10 games with Iowa this season. He leads Iowa defensemen in shots on goal and ranks T-2nd in scoring. The 5-11, 173-pound native of Brandon, Man., was recalled for the second time this season on Nov. 21, 2021. He has collected one goal in three games with Minnesota this season, scoring his first career goal on Nov. 2 vs. Ottawa. Addison owns one goal in six career NHL games with the Wild and one assist in three Stanley Cup playoff contests.
Iowa plays at home against the Chicago Wolves on Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021. Puck drop is set for 6 p.m. CT.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team's website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2021
- Griffins Drop First Loss of Season against Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Beat Buzzer to Earn a Point in Overtime Loss - Texas Stars
- Posts But No Cigar - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Schwindt Lights Lamp Late to Lift Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- IceHogs Stay Hot Behind Delia and Kurashev in 4-1 Win at Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters Stumble in 4-1 Loss to Admirals - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Scare off Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- MacDonald Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- 5 Things - Heat vs. San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Saturday's Penguins Game Postponed - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Minnesota Recalls Czuczman, Reassigns Addison to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Belleville Sens Announce Promotional Ticket Packages - Belleville Senators
- Reign's Wagner Suspended for One Game - AHL
- Abbotsford Canucks vs San Jose Barracuda Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- AHL Postpones Saturday's Road Game in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Charlotte Checkers
- Syracuse Crunch, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Game Postponed - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Postpones Two W-B/Scranton Penguins Games - Charlotte Checkers
- Coyotes Recall Fasching from Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Postpones Two W-B/Scranton Penguins Games - AHL
- Heat Host Gulls Friday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Bunnaman, Willman Recalled; Master Released - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Panthers Send Olli Juolevi to Charlotte on Conditioning Stint - Charlotte Checkers
- Game #15: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tommy Nappier Recalled by Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceHogs Look to Continue Climb up Central Division Standings with Showdown at Grand Rapids Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Wild Come up Short in Chicago, 2-0 - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.