IceHogs Stay Hot Behind Delia and Kurashev in 4-1 Win at Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, MI - Goaltender Collin Delia made a season-high 40 saves and forward Philipp Kurashev netted two goals in the third period to see the Rockford IceHogs (8-7-1-1) pull away from the Grand Rapids Griffins (7-8-2-0) 4-1 at Van Andel Arena Friday night. The win is the IceHogs' third in a row and now have points if four consecutive contests (3-0-0-1).
Grand Rapids opened the scoring early in the game on the power play as forward Kyle Criscuolo deflected in his team-leading seventh goal of the season over the glove of Delia at 5:19.
The IceHogs responded with a pair of goals from a pair of defensemen in the second period to take a 2-1 lead into the second break. Ian Mitchell picked up his second goal of the season at 6:20 on the power play, blasting a shot from the left faceoff circle past Griffins netminder Calvin Pickard (L, 26 saves on 29 shots). Just over three minutes later, Alec Regula picked up his first goal of the season, catching Pickard out of position from the right-wing circle.
In the third period, the IceHogs continued to push the pace and added to their lead on the man advantage with Kurashev's first goal of the season at 7:24. Kurashev would seal the victory with his second marker of the night with an empty-net shorthanded goal with 13 seconds to play. Delia provided the defense with a period-high 16 saves.
The IceHogs finished the game 2-for-4 on the power play while the Griffins went 1-for-4.
The Rockford IceHogs close their three-game road trip tomorrow, Saturday, Dec. 4 at 6 p.m. CT against the Griffins in West Michigan.
The IceHogs return home to BMO Harris Bank Center on Wednesday, Dec. 8 against the Iowa Wild at 7 p.m. for a Winning Weekday! If the IceHogs win, YOU WIN! If the IceHogs grab the victory, every fan in attendance will receive a FREE ticket to the next IceHogs weekday game (Tuesday, Dec. 21)! Buy Tickets
Watch and listen to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank! Tune in from your favorite device, at home or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app! Fans can also watch every IceHogs home game and select road games this season on 23.3 Circle TV and every game on AHLTV and listen in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2021
- Griffins Drop First Loss of Season against Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Beat Buzzer to Earn a Point in Overtime Loss - Texas Stars
- Posts But No Cigar - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Schwindt Lights Lamp Late to Lift Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- IceHogs Stay Hot Behind Delia and Kurashev in 4-1 Win at Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters Stumble in 4-1 Loss to Admirals - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals Scare off Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- MacDonald Recalled to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- 5 Things - Heat vs. San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Saturday's Penguins Game Postponed - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Minnesota Recalls Czuczman, Reassigns Addison to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Belleville Sens Announce Promotional Ticket Packages - Belleville Senators
- Reign's Wagner Suspended for One Game - AHL
- Abbotsford Canucks vs San Jose Barracuda Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- AHL Postpones Saturday's Road Game in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Charlotte Checkers
- Syracuse Crunch, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Game Postponed - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Postpones Two W-B/Scranton Penguins Games - Charlotte Checkers
- Coyotes Recall Fasching from Tucson Roadrunners - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Postpones Two W-B/Scranton Penguins Games - AHL
- Heat Host Gulls Friday at Stockton Arena - Stockton Heat
- Bunnaman, Willman Recalled; Master Released - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Panthers Send Olli Juolevi to Charlotte on Conditioning Stint - Charlotte Checkers
- Game #15: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Tommy Nappier Recalled by Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceHogs Look to Continue Climb up Central Division Standings with Showdown at Grand Rapids Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Wild Come up Short in Chicago, 2-0 - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- End of Season Garage Sale Returns June 4
- Rockford IceHogs 2022-23 Player Tracker
- IceHogs Season Comes to an End, Wolves Advance to Central Division Finals
- IceHogs Look to Keep Season Alive with Win over Wolves Tonight at the BMO
- IceHogs Outshot, Overpowered by Wolves