Milner Returns to South Carolina
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Hershey Bears, the American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the South Carolina Stingrays, announced that goaltender Parker Milner was reassigned to South Carolina Saturday. The 28-year-old netminder was recalled to Hershey on Wednesday, but did not appear in any action while with the Bears.
Milner won his first game of the season for South Carolina in his second appearance on Tuesday night in Orlando, making 44 saves. He re-signed with Hershey for the 2018-19 season on June 6, his third consecutive campaign on a contract with the Bears. The Pittsburgh native was named the Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Year for his work in 2017-18, posting a 28-7-3 record. His goals against average of 1.86 was the best in the ECHL, and the fourth best in league history. He collected the third best save percentage in the league at .929 and recorded three shutouts, helping him earn All-ECHL First Team honors.
The two-time national champion at Boston College opened this past season with Hershey, going 1-4-1 with a 3.81 goals against average in six appearances with the Bears. In 11 games with Hershey over the past two seasons, Milner has posted a 4-6-1 record. In total, the 6-foot-1, 185-pound goaltender has played in 26 career AHL games with Hershey, Bridgeport, and Iowa, earning a 10-11-1 record to go along with a 3.27 goals against average and a .894 save percentage.
Milner, who led the Stingrays to the Kelly Cup Finals in 2017, is 104-56-11 with a 2.36 goals against average and a .916 save percentage in 175 career ECHL games with South Carolina, Missouri, Quad City, and Stockton.
With Milner returning, emergency backup goaltender Jeff Jakaitis has been released.
Single-game tickets for all Stingrays home games during the 2017-18 season are on sale now at the North Charleston Coliseum Box Office and ticketmaster.com.
Group tickets for 10 or more fans are on sale now featuring discounted pricing and great benefits! For more information and to place an order call the Stingrays front office at 843-744-2248 or stop by 3300 W. Montague Ave. Suite A-200 during business hours.
Images from this story
South Carolina Stingrays goaltender Parker Milner
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2018
- Quentin Shore's Overtime Goal Lifts Indy to Weekend Sweep - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Beat the Rush, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Propels Wings to Weekend Sweep - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades' Offense Erupts in 6-1 Win over Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays' Power Play Defeats Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Admirals Close Weekend with Loss to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Drop 7-Spot on Greenville in Home Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Offense Struggles in Road Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Adirondack's Late Charge Falls Short in 3-2 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Dazzle in Home Opener in Front of 8,853 at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Special Teams Key in Win over Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Defeat Royals in Shootout, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Triumph over Royals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Elgin Pearce Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stockton Heat Return Watson from Loan to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Svoboda Summoned by NHL's Predators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder, Americans Round Three Tonight in Texas - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 20 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - October 20 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Open Road Trip with Loss to IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Milner Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: Everblades Host Admirals, Aim for Series Split - Florida Everblades
- Moy to Milwaukee and Messner to Providence, New Goalie Signed - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Wings Look to Spoil Komets Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Rush in First Road Game of 2018-19 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game 4 Preview: Reading at Manchester - Reading Royals
- Americans Get a Point in a Shootout Loss - Allen Americans
- Thunder Knocks off Allen in High Scoring Affair - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Lose 6-5 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Win Overtime Thriller over Grizzlies, 6-5 - Idaho Steelheads
- Strong Second Period Pushes Glads to 4-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Spoil Everblades Home Opener with 1-0 Win - Florida Everblades
- Madsen's Shutout Guides Admirals to 1-0 Victory over Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Rays Agree to Terms with Forward Dylan Steman
- Stingrays Welcome MUSC Health as New Healthcare Partner
- Mark Cooper Returns for 2nd Season in SC
- Stingrays to Open 2020-21 Season in North Charleston on December 11
- Defender Brett Orr Joins Stingrays on Blue Line