Solar Bears Open Road Trip with Loss to IceMen
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears (1-3-0-0) saw a two-goal lead erased in the second period by the Jacksonville Icemen (2-0-0-0), as Orlando ultimately fell by a 6-2 score on Friday night at Veterans Memorial Arena.
Click here for the box score.
Michael Brodzinski opened the scoring for Orlando after Brady Shaw rolled the puck through the slot back to the blue line, and the Solar Bears defender made his way toward the left circle before firing a wrist shot that deflected off the crossbar and past Mikhail Berdin at 10:32 for Brodzinski's first of the season.
Hunter Fejes made it 2-0 when he slammed in a cross-ice pass from Mike Monfredo at 19:32. Zach Todd, making his season debut for Orlando, received credit for the secondary assist.
The Icemen responded in the second period with Alexis D'Aoust getting the home team on the board at 6:03 by redirecting a point shot from Jack Glover past Martin Ouellette.
Garret Cockerill then tied the score for Jacksonville to make it 2-2 at 9:12 with a power-play goal, and Everett Clark jammed a loose puck through the pads of Ouellette with the man advantage at 19:02 to give the Icemen a 3-2 lead.
Wacey Rabbit added another power-play goal for Jacksonville 27 seconds into the third period to put Orlando in a 4-2 hole. Codie Fowlie netted a goal at 11:57 and D'Aoust chipped in his second of the game at 19:49 to close out the scoring.
Fejes (3g-2a) leads the team with a four-game point streak and is now tied with Colby McAuley (3g-1a) for the team goal-scoring lead.
Monfredo's helper on Fejes' goal extends his assist streak to three games (3a).
Shaw now has a two-game point streak (1g-2a).
1) Alexis D'Aoust - JAX
2) Wacey Rabbit - JAX
3) Mikhail Berdin - JAX
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears complete their road trip when they visit the Atlanta Gladiators on Saturday, Oct. 20 at 7:35 p.m. at Infinite Energy Arena. The Solar Bears then return home for a showdown with the Florida Everblades as part of Boo with the Bears, presented by Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, on Friday, Oct. 26 at 7 p.m. The Solar Bears will wear specialty skeleton jerseys, while fans can enjoy trick-or-treating on the Amway Center concourse, participate in a costume contest and more. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2018
- Quentin Shore's Overtime Goal Lifts Indy to Weekend Sweep - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Beat the Rush, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Propels Wings to Weekend Sweep - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades' Offense Erupts in 6-1 Win over Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays' Power Play Defeats Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Admirals Close Weekend with Loss to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Drop 7-Spot on Greenville in Home Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Offense Struggles in Road Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Adirondack's Late Charge Falls Short in 3-2 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Dazzle in Home Opener in Front of 8,853 at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Special Teams Key in Win over Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Defeat Royals in Shootout, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Triumph over Royals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Elgin Pearce Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stockton Heat Return Watson from Loan to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Svoboda Summoned by NHL's Predators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder, Americans Round Three Tonight in Texas - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 20 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - October 20 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Open Road Trip with Loss to IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Milner Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: Everblades Host Admirals, Aim for Series Split - Florida Everblades
- Moy to Milwaukee and Messner to Providence, New Goalie Signed - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Wings Look to Spoil Komets Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Rush in First Road Game of 2018-19 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game 4 Preview: Reading at Manchester - Reading Royals
- Americans Get a Point in a Shootout Loss - Allen Americans
- Thunder Knocks off Allen in High Scoring Affair - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Lose 6-5 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Win Overtime Thriller over Grizzlies, 6-5 - Idaho Steelheads
- Strong Second Period Pushes Glads to 4-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Spoil Everblades Home Opener with 1-0 Win - Florida Everblades
- Madsen's Shutout Guides Admirals to 1-0 Victory over Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.