Admirals Close Weekend with Loss to Everblades
ESTERO, FL - Florida's Steven Lorentz finished with four points and Joe Cox scored twice to lead the Everblades to a 6-1 victory over the Norfolk Admirals (2-1-0-0, 4 pts) Saturday night at Hertz Arena. The Admirals close out the weekend with a split against Florida.
Florida struck first after finishing off a tic-tac-toe play on a 3-on-1 rush. John McCarron on the third pass of the play, knocked the puck home on the back door behind Ty Reichenbach for the game's first goal.
Moments later, Nathan Perkovich hurled a shot from the point through traffic that beat a screened Reichenbach with 38 seconds remaining in the opening period to put the 'Blades ahead 2-0.
The Everblades extended the lead to three when Justin Auger found Kyle Platzer in the slot. Platzer snapped a shot low on the ice for the tally.
Norfolk got on the board at 6:42 of the middle frame on the power play. TJ Melancon hammered a hard shot from the right wing circle that was initially stopped by Florida goaltender Jamie Phillips. However, the rebound bounced to the slot, and Ben Duffy tapped the puck into the net on the rebound to pull the Admirals within two.
Despite grabbing some momentum, it was quickly quelled by the Everblades who countered on a breakaway goal by Joe Cox to go back on top by three. Less than two minutes later, and with the two teams skating 4-on-4, Steven Lorentz sniped a shot from the left wing circle over the shoulder of Reichenbach to take a commanding 5-1 lead into the second break.
Florida went into shutdown mode in the third, and received a second goal by Cox to go on to claim the 6-1 victory.
Phillips earned the win stopping 25 of 26 shots, while Reichenbach takes his first loss of the season making 26 saves.
1. Joe Cox (FLA) - 2 goals, 1 assist
2. Steven Lorentz (FLA) - 1 goal, 3 assists
3. Jamie Phillips (FLA) - 25 saves.
The Admirals will return home for a three-game set against the South Carolina Stingrays at Scope on October 24, 26, and 27.
Admirals Ticket Information
Single Game Tickets may be purchased at the Scope Box Office, or online at Ticketmaster.com
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available.
2018-19 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! The Admirals offer full season and flexible partial plans that will best fit your schedule and budget! To view pricing and benefits of all available ticket packages CLICK HERE
Game Broadcast Information
Fans can catch all of the live action on Mixlr or watch the game online at ECHL.TV
For more information regarding ticket options, or Norfolk Admirals Hockey, visit NorfolkAdmirals.com or call the Admirals office at (757) 640-1212!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2018
- Quentin Shore's Overtime Goal Lifts Indy to Weekend Sweep - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Beat the Rush, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Propels Wings to Weekend Sweep - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades' Offense Erupts in 6-1 Win over Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays' Power Play Defeats Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Admirals Close Weekend with Loss to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Drop 7-Spot on Greenville in Home Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Offense Struggles in Road Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Adirondack's Late Charge Falls Short in 3-2 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Dazzle in Home Opener in Front of 8,853 at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Special Teams Key in Win over Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Defeat Royals in Shootout, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Triumph over Royals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Elgin Pearce Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stockton Heat Return Watson from Loan to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Svoboda Summoned by NHL's Predators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder, Americans Round Three Tonight in Texas - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 20 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - October 20 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Open Road Trip with Loss to IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Milner Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: Everblades Host Admirals, Aim for Series Split - Florida Everblades
- Moy to Milwaukee and Messner to Providence, New Goalie Signed - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Wings Look to Spoil Komets Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Rush in First Road Game of 2018-19 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game 4 Preview: Reading at Manchester - Reading Royals
- Americans Get a Point in a Shootout Loss - Allen Americans
- Thunder Knocks off Allen in High Scoring Affair - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Lose 6-5 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Win Overtime Thriller over Grizzlies, 6-5 - Idaho Steelheads
- Strong Second Period Pushes Glads to 4-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Spoil Everblades Home Opener with 1-0 Win - Florida Everblades
- Madsen's Shutout Guides Admirals to 1-0 Victory over Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Promotional Details for this Saturday's Pink in the Rink Announced
- Late Rally Falls Shortas Jacksonville Edges Admirals
- Game Preview: IceMen at Admirals, January 16, 2019
- Goaltenders Madsen and Brodeur Return to Admirals
- Admirals Collect a Point, But Fall in Shootout 5-4