Adirondack's Late Charge Falls Short in 3-2 Loss to Brampton
Glens Falls, NY - The Thunder outshot the Beast 25-11 over the final two periods of action but couldn't complete the comeback in front of a sold-out crowd of 4,805 Saturday night at Cool Insuring Arena.
Brampton got onto the scoreboard first as it picked up a pair of goals from David Pacan and Jordan Henry two minutes apart late in the opening period. First it was Pacan finding the back of the net with a wrist shot from the top of the left faceoff circle while Thunder netminder Alex Sakellaropoulos was screened in front of his crease. Henry doubled the Beast advantage when he scored a power-play goal on a back-door feed from Pacan. David Vallorani picked up assists on both Brampton goals for his first points of the season.
Former Thunder captain Peter MacArthur picked up Adirondack's first home goal of the 2018-2019 season at the 17:57 mark of the second period. With the Thunder already down a pair of goals, MacArthur converted off a Beast turnover with a fantastic drag in front of the Beast net and put his backhand shot by goalie Jake Paterson. James Henry picked up the lone assist on the goal.
Jackson Leef restored Brampton's two-goal lead when he beat Sakellaropoulos top-shelf at the 3:40 mark of the final period. Anthony Beauregard centered a pass from the right circle and Leef made no mistake roofing his shot for Brampton's second tally on the man advantage.
Desmond Bergin would get the Thunder within a goal again just over a minute later. Brian Ward carried the puck into the Thunder offensive zone and found a streaking Bergin down the left wing. The Thunder defenseman put his shot far side in the upper corner to beat Paterson for his first goal of the season.
Adirondack had multiple chances down the stretch including a brief 6-on-4 at the end of the game after Sakellaropoulos was pulled and Jonathan Racine went off for interference. But Paterson stood tall throughout the game, finishing his night with 33 saves.
The two teams will play again tomorrow afternoon at the CAA Centre in Brampton, ON. Start time is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. EST. The Thunder will then play it is next four games at home before the conclusion of the month.
Images from this story
Adirondack Thunder forward Cullen Bradshaw vs. the Brampton Beast
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 20, 2018
- Quentin Shore's Overtime Goal Lifts Indy to Weekend Sweep - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Beat the Rush, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Third Period Propels Wings to Weekend Sweep - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades' Offense Erupts in 6-1 Win over Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays' Power Play Defeats Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Admirals Close Weekend with Loss to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Stingrays Drop 7-Spot on Greenville in Home Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Offense Struggles in Road Loss to Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Adirondack's Late Charge Falls Short in 3-2 Loss to Brampton - Adirondack Thunder
- Railers Dazzle in Home Opener in Front of 8,853 at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Special Teams Key in Win over Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Defeat Royals in Shootout, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Triumph over Royals, 4-3 - Manchester Monarchs
- Elgin Pearce Joins Steelheads from Texas - Idaho Steelheads
- Stockton Heat Return Watson from Loan to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Svoboda Summoned by NHL's Predators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Thunder, Americans Round Three Tonight in Texas - Wichita Thunder
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, October 20 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - October 20 - ECHL
- Solar Bears Open Road Trip with Loss to IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Milner Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Preview: Everblades Host Admirals, Aim for Series Split - Florida Everblades
- Moy to Milwaukee and Messner to Providence, New Goalie Signed - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Wings Look to Spoil Komets Home Opener - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Rush in First Road Game of 2018-19 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game 4 Preview: Reading at Manchester - Reading Royals
- Americans Get a Point in a Shootout Loss - Allen Americans
- Thunder Knocks off Allen in High Scoring Affair - Wichita Thunder
- Grizzlies Lose 6-5 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Win Overtime Thriller over Grizzlies, 6-5 - Idaho Steelheads
- Strong Second Period Pushes Glads to 4-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Admirals Spoil Everblades Home Opener with 1-0 Win - Florida Everblades
- Madsen's Shutout Guides Admirals to 1-0 Victory over Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Adirondack Drops Education Day Game in Manchester
- Thunder Issue Statement on Head Coach Alex Loh
- Adirondack Sweeps Weekend Series with 3-1 Win over Reading
- Thunder Return to Winning Ways with a 3-2 Shootout Win
- Adirondack Win Streak Halted with 5-1 Loss to Brampton