Mavs Win Third Straight, Shutout South Carolina 4-0
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks won their third consecutive game in a 4-0 shutout win over the South Carolina Stingrays Friday night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Mavericks forward Corey Durocher topped the score sheet with three assists on the night and goaltender Mason McDonald posted his first shutout of the season with 19 saves on 19 shots.
Mavericks forward Joey Sides got the Mavericks on the board first with a power play goal seven minutes into regulation. Mark Cooper, in his first game back with Kansas City since mid-January, was given an assist on the goal along with Corey Durocher. The Mavericks held the Stingrays to just three shots in the period, their lowest allowed shot total in a period this season.
Nate Widman doubled the Mavericks lead late in the second period. Durocher notched his second assist on the night on the goal. Loren Ulett was credited with an assist on the goal as well.
Kansas City salted the game away in the game's final moments, getting a goal from team captain Rocco Carzo with 10:33 left in regulation. Durocher found his way onto the scoresheet again with his third assist of the game. Darian Dziurzynski was also given an assist on the goal. The Mavericks put the game out of reach when David Dziurzynski struck the final blow with just over five minutes remaining in regulation. Neal Goff and Riley Sweeney picked up assists on the fourth and final goal.
Mavericks goaltender Mason McDonald finished the night with his first shutout win of the season, stopping all 19 South Carolina shots.
The Mavericks and Stingrays wrap up their weekend series on Saturday at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. The Mavs then welcome the Tulsa Oilers to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena on Tuesday, February 5. Faceoff for both games is 7:05 p.m. For more information, visit kcmavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 1, 2019
- Americans Fall to Idaho 6-3 - Allen Americans
- Carr, Grizzlies Blank Wichita 4-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Thompson Provides Second Consecutive Game-Winner for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Win Third Straight, Shutout South Carolina 4-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Blank Stingrays in Series Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Extend Unbeaten Streak to Four with 4-2 Win over IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Carr, Grizzlies Blank Thunder, 4-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Stand Strong in 6-3 Win over Americans - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Survive Late Push to Double up Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dufour's Dagger Gives Indy Overtime Win in Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Orlando Breaks Greenville's Heart - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Fall at Adirondack, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Pleskach Nets Hat Trick as Oilers Win in Toledo - Tulsa Oilers
- Chase, McNicholas Have Multipoint Nights as Mariners Pelt Season High 43 Shots - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Score Four Straight in Third to Top Royals 4-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Bounce Back with 3-2 Win over Mariners - Manchester Monarchs
- Fuel Escape on Close Play in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Calls Don't Go Worcester's Way in 5-2 Loss in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Railers Run out off Gas, Growlers Win 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Callum Booth Reassigned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Florida's Roe Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Roe Named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Komets Acquire Clarke from Allen, Campagna Loaned to Chicago - Fort Wayne Komets
- Allen Americans Game Capsule , Garrett Clarke Dealt to Fort Wayne - Allen Americans
- Solar Bears Bring in Manny Gialedakis - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 1 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mitch Maxwell Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners and Resurrection Golf Announce "Fore Pack" - Maine Mariners
- Mark Cooper and Mike McMurtry Return from AHL Duty - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, February 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Kevin Lough Recalled from Loan by Chicago - Adirondack Thunder
- Binnington Is the MeiGray Group/ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Game Day: Royals at Thunder Looking for Season-Series Edge - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Escape Late Push by 'Blades to Win, 2-1 - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.