Pleskach Nets Hat Trick as Oilers Win in Toledo
TOLEDO, OH - Fresh off his first career All-Star appearance, Tulsa Oilers (26-16-6) captain Adam Pleskach returned to the Huntington Center and earned his second hat trick of the season to lead the Oilers past the Toledo Walleye (26-11-7) Friday night 5-2.
Toledo scored first when Trevor Hamilton blasted a shot from the point off of a face-off win 7:12 into the game. The Oilers answered when Pleskach ripped a shot from the right circle past Kaden Fulcher to tie the game 1-1. It was the captain's 300th point in an Oilers uniform and his 154th goal, moving Pleskach into second all-time in franchise history. The Walleye went up 2-1 before the end of the period, as Greg Wolfe snapped a wrist shot past Evan Fitzpatrick on a Toledo man-advantage.
The Oilers tied the game again in the second period when Charlie Sampair followed up a play in the left circle and sent a quick shot up over Fulcher to make it 2-2. Later in the frame, Scott Henegar won a battle in the corner and found Mike McKee in the circle. McKee rifled a shot into the net for his first goal of the season, giving Tulsa a 3-2 lead. Toledo was unsuccessful on two late power plays, as the Oilers carried the one-goal advantage into the locker room after 40 minutes.
Pleskach scored his second of the night after knocking down a shot from the point and sliding the puck behind a sprawled-out Fulcher just 4:16 into the final stanza. He completed his seventh career hat trick on a late power play to make it 5-2, when a slap-pass from Dylan Bredo went off of Pleskach's stick in the slot before catching a Toledo player and deflecting into the net. Fitzpatrick finished with 27 saves on 29 shots to earn his 12th pro victory.
The Oilers head to Cincinnati Saturday to face the Cyclones at 6:35pm CT at U.S. Bank Arena. Catch the action on the Sports Animal radio network in Tulsa, www.tulsaoilers.com or ECHL.TV, with pregame coverage starting at 6:15pm CT.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram , or "Like" us on Facebook for more information about the Tulsa Oilers. Season and Group Tickets are on sale now by calling the Oilers front office at 918-632-7825. Visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 1, 2019
- Americans Fall to Idaho 6-3 - Allen Americans
- Carr, Grizzlies Blank Wichita 4-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Thompson Provides Second Consecutive Game-Winner for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Win Third Straight, Shutout South Carolina 4-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Blank Stingrays in Series Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Extend Unbeaten Streak to Four with 4-2 Win over IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Carr, Grizzlies Blank Thunder, 4-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Stand Strong in 6-3 Win over Americans - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Survive Late Push to Double up Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dufour's Dagger Gives Indy Overtime Win in Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Orlando Breaks Greenville's Heart - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Fall at Adirondack, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Pleskach Nets Hat Trick as Oilers Win in Toledo - Tulsa Oilers
- Chase, McNicholas Have Multipoint Nights as Mariners Pelt Season High 43 Shots - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Score Four Straight in Third to Top Royals 4-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Bounce Back with 3-2 Win over Mariners - Manchester Monarchs
- Fuel Escape on Close Play in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Calls Don't Go Worcester's Way in 5-2 Loss in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Railers Run out off Gas, Growlers Win 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Callum Booth Reassigned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Florida's Roe Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Roe Named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Komets Acquire Clarke from Allen, Campagna Loaned to Chicago - Fort Wayne Komets
- Allen Americans Game Capsule , Garrett Clarke Dealt to Fort Wayne - Allen Americans
- Solar Bears Bring in Manny Gialedakis - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 1 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mitch Maxwell Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners and Resurrection Golf Announce "Fore Pack" - Maine Mariners
- Mark Cooper and Mike McMurtry Return from AHL Duty - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, February 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Kevin Lough Recalled from Loan by Chicago - Adirondack Thunder
- Binnington Is the MeiGray Group/ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Game Day: Royals at Thunder Looking for Season-Series Edge - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Escape Late Push by 'Blades to Win, 2-1 - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.