Binnington Is the MeiGray Group/ECHL Alumnus of the Month
February 1, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Former Kalamazoo Wings goaltender Jordan Binnington of the St. Louis Blues is The MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month for January.
The leading distributor of game- worn hockey jerseys and "Official Game-Worn Jersey Source of the ECHL," MeiGray has sold more than 7,800 jerseys since it became "The Official Game-Worn Jersey Source of the ECHL" in 2002-03.
The 25-year-old went 5-1-1 in seven appearances during the month with one shutout, a 1.57 goals-against average and a save percentage of .936. He allowed two goals or less in six of his appearances, and made at least 25 saves five times. Binnington posted a shutout in his first career NHL start, stopping all 25 shots he faced in a 3-0 win at Philadelphia on Jan. 7.
A native of Richmond Hill, Ontario, Binnington appeared in 40 games for Kalamazoo during the 2013-14 season, posting a record of 23-13-3 with one shutout, a 2.35 goals-against average and a save percentage of .922.
Selected by the Blues in the third round (88th overall) of the 2011 NHL?Entry Draft, Binnington has seen action in 164 career American Hockey League games with San Antonio, Providence, Chicago and Peoria going 87-54-18 with 10 shutouts, a 2.48 goals-against average and a save percentage of .915.
There have been 652 players who have played in the NHL after playing in the ECHL including 11 who have made their debut in 2018-19. The ECHL has had 457 players reach the NHL since 2002-03 when it changed its focus to become the primary developmental league for the NHL and the AHL. The ECHL had 97 players reach the NHL in its first 10 seasons and 215 in the first 15 years. There have been 396 ECHL players who have played their first game in the last 14 seasons for an average of more than 28 per year.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 1, 2019
- Americans Fall to Idaho 6-3 - Allen Americans
- Carr, Grizzlies Blank Wichita 4-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Thompson Provides Second Consecutive Game-Winner for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Win Third Straight, Shutout South Carolina 4-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Blank Stingrays in Series Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Admirals Extend Unbeaten Streak to Four with 4-2 Win over IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Carr, Grizzlies Blank Thunder, 4-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Steelheads Stand Strong in 6-3 Win over Americans - Idaho Steelheads
- Cyclones Survive Late Push to Double up Rush - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Dufour's Dagger Gives Indy Overtime Win in Wheeling - Indy Fuel
- Orlando Breaks Greenville's Heart - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Royals Fall at Adirondack, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Pleskach Nets Hat Trick as Oilers Win in Toledo - Tulsa Oilers
- Chase, McNicholas Have Multipoint Nights as Mariners Pelt Season High 43 Shots - Maine Mariners
- Thunder Score Four Straight in Third to Top Royals 4-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Bounce Back with 3-2 Win over Mariners - Manchester Monarchs
- Fuel Escape on Close Play in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Calls Don't Go Worcester's Way in 5-2 Loss in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Railers Run out off Gas, Growlers Win 5-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- G Callum Booth Reassigned to Royals - Reading Royals
- Florida's Roe Is AMI Graphics/ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Roe Named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Florida Everblades
- Komets Acquire Clarke from Allen, Campagna Loaned to Chicago - Fort Wayne Komets
- Allen Americans Game Capsule , Garrett Clarke Dealt to Fort Wayne - Allen Americans
- Solar Bears Bring in Manny Gialedakis - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - February 1 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mitch Maxwell Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Mariners and Resurrection Golf Announce "Fore Pack" - Maine Mariners
- Mark Cooper and Mike McMurtry Return from AHL Duty - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, February 1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Kevin Lough Recalled from Loan by Chicago - Adirondack Thunder
- Binnington Is the MeiGray Group/ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Game Day: Royals at Thunder Looking for Season-Series Edge - Reading Royals
- Gladiators Escape Late Push by 'Blades to Win, 2-1 - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.